WCW #19: Luisanna Meets World

It's time for another WCW... World Meet Luisanna, or as I know her- Luu. 

Luu and I both attended The University of Akron and majored in Fashion Merchandising! 

She's crazy creative! Here we go...

Photo Cred: Taylor Kaufman


  • How long have you been into photography?
-hmm . Lets see. I really started to get into photography about 9 years ago when I was a freshmen in high school. (Wow, I can’t believe it’s been that long) I remember taking a class in photo and I instantly fell in love with it.  I just loved the idea of capturing images to create a still moment in time. 


  • Where do you draw your inspiration?
I draw my inspiration from aspects I see on a daily basis.  As many can tell from my photography I don’t have just one thing that I am always shooting.  I love having the variety to shoot what my mind desires.  From people to the urban environment I now live in.  This world is pretty amazing and inspiring if you just stop to take a look around for a few seconds.


  • Who has helped you get where you are?
My family has definitely helped me tremendously to get to where I am.  They have always been there to support me in any journey that I have decided to take.  Many of those journeys weren’t easy and I had to overcome a ton of obstacles but at the end of the day they were and will always be by my side. I am truly honored to have family that supports me like mine does.  Ah, thinking about it makes me want to cry but that’s how much they mean to me.

  • What is your personal brand?
As of now, I am on the verge of building myself up as a photographer.  I have hopes, time and patience that in the future one of my photos will be featured in a magazine. That is a dream of mine!


  • How do you spread the word about your brand?
Lately, I have been spreading the word about my brand by handing out my personally made business cards.  Also, I have definitely gained a good following on social media like Instagram and Facebook.  I think that anyone who wants to promote himself or herself needs to really utilize the benefits of social media.



  • How do you measure success?
The way I would measure success is setting a goal for yourself and sticking to it through thick and thin to see the end result.   Personally, I don’t see success as having all of the money in the world.  It’s more of knowing that within yourself you finished the race. Haha, I know I’m cheesy.


  • How did you get started?
  hmm. I would honestly say that I am still getting started.  I have a whole future ahead of me.

  • What is your greatest professional achievement?
My greatest professional achievement was moving to New York City a few months after graduating college and landing a real job my second day here(which doesn’t usually happen to most people).  I came to the city with no job offer at all, one suitcase and a bus ticket. Talk about SCARY but I made it!



  • Where did you go to school? What did you major in?
I went to school at The University of Akron for Fashion Merchandising. I also minored in Photography. (cough cough) GO ZIPS! 

  • What did you want to be before you grew up?
Before I “grew up” I always wanted to be a doctor.  As a matter of fact, I started my first semester in college in the field of nursing. At the end of my first semester I realized I wanted to go to school for something I was actually passionate about and that’s when the field of fashion and photography came to mind.  I honestly don’t know what I was thinking to even go to school for nursing in the first place when seeing blood makes me cringe. Haha.

  • Do you have a mentor/mentee?
I had a lovely mentor in college by the name of Dr.Teena Jennings.  She was always there when I needed someone to talk to about work/school stress. She was also there from start to finish of my college career and I appreciated her greatly for that.  
Another person I would consider to be my mentor would be my cousin, Dariana.  I grew up with her always being by my side.  Dariana is the older sister that I never had and I look up to her as a role model. I currently live with her now in the city and she pushes and motivates me to better myself EVERYDAY! I am not kidding when I say EVERYDAY haha.  I have no idea where I would be without her in my life!

  • What can others learn from you?
What others can learn from me is to never be afraid of new experiences and never underestimate yourself.  I had to learn that!

  • What advice do you have for young women?
For the young women out there just know that anything is possible if you set your mind to it.  Even if the task seems impossible just know that you will never be handed anything in life that you can’t accomplish/overcome. Trust me!

  • What makes up your wardrobe?
My wardrobe is made up of many comfortable but trendy pieces.  I like to buy clothing that I can mix and match with one another.    

  • What is your ‘must have’ accessory?
My must-have accessory would have to be a cute necklace.  A necklace can dress any outfit up.

  • Who is your fashion icon?
I have many fashion icons.  Currently, my top 4 would have to be Rihanna, Jhene Aiko, Vashtie and Vanessa Hudgens

  • What’s your morning routine?
My morning routine throughout the week usually consists of getting ready for work.  I like to make it to work early to get a head start on my day.  On weekends I love to start my morning off with a relaxing yoga session.

  • What are your thoughts on fast fashion?
Personally, I like fast fashion.  It helps you keep up with the latest trends without having to spend too much money.  

  • Where do you shop?
My two favorite stores at the moment are Zara and H&M.

  • Why do you do what you do?

I do what I do because I love it.  I love new experiences and learning new things. I think everyone should strive to love the path they want to lead.  


Photo Cred: Melvin Mescudi

THANKS LUU!

xo,

KJB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...