WCW Update: Luu Tejada

Remember our WCW... Luu Tejada?!

photo cred : @afrofrenchchick

I asked Luu and the rest of our WCWs, "what's new since we last checked in?"

Well here's an update:
Oh, jezz..... 
So much has happened since I last spoke to you and I can say it's been nothing but blessings. 

I am currently still working at Jay Franco & Sons. My two year anniversary is in July. It's crazy how fast time is flying. 

I started taking photography more serious and decided that I want to turn my dream into reality. I have been blessed to meet other photographers along the way which has helped me in building connections. 
I am grateful to say that in the time that I decided to really focus on photography I was featured online on Time Magazine, American Apparel and NBC NY. I photographed a few fashion week events this past season that were super fun. I have also had my photographs featured in 2 galleries.  It's nuts to think that in October I was talking to my coworker about wanting to show my work in a gallery and **poof** I submitted my work and it happened. It wasn't that easy but you get the jist. haha. You can achieve your goals if you really put your mind into it and I am a firm believer of that.
I tend to believe that this is only the beginning. I've done so much in such a short amount of time I can only imagine where I will be in 2-3 years from now. Photography is something that I feel will never get old to me. I learn something new everyday and I LOVE IT!

As far as projects, I am a part of a project under 'The Black Hours' working alongside a few fellow photographers and a playwright.  We took on the streets of NYC to shoot portraits and get the perspectives of the people and how they feel about race relations in America.  You can actually follow the journey on instagram: @theblkhrs . We plan to expand to other states as well.

I am also working on my own personal project.  The project is called "Mi Cicatriz" which means "My Scar" in spanish.  The end goal/hopes in my eyes are to have a solo gallery showing and to publish a coffee table book out of it. This is something I am doing on my own time and I have no deadline for this but I need it to be PERFECT so I will be working on it for quite some time.  I have been telling everyone to spread the word for me and have anyone who is interested in learning more or that wants to be a part to e-mail me: tejada.luisanna@gmail.com or direct message me on my personal instagram account: @peaceof_art

Needless to say,  I have been busy and have been working super hard but I have been having fun along the way.  :)


Thanks, Luu!

Follow Luu on Instagram to see all her amazing photos!

xo,

KJB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...