WCW: Luu's Mi Cicatriz

It is my distinct pleasure to share with you an an additional update from our WCW Alum, Luisanna!

I have never been surrounded by so many women of color photographers in my life!! Needless to say , tonight was amazing and so inspiring !!! Thank you @mfonfoto for this beautiful event showcasing the work of Women Photographers of the African Diaspora, this was beautiful! πŸ’—πŸŒΈπŸ‡©πŸ‡΄ photo cred : @lolitalens πŸ“Έ✨
Luu hustle has been killing in NYC! Recently she started an Instagram for her newest and most current photo project, Mi Cicatriz. Currently the Instagram is BTS content. Luu is planning on publishing the book in the next year.

“LUU” - her scream pierced my eardrum, sending my whole body into a panic. That shriek was the last I heard before the darkness set in. Before losing consciousness, I remember whipping my head to see the other car barreling towards us. I gripped my steering wheel like it could somehow save me. It was too late. Soon, I was floating into an abyss of nothingness wondering if I was still alive. (excerpt from my scar story) - -
Each one of us has a unique story to tell, and we have all amassed scars along our diverse journeys. Whether physical or emotional, these scars have impacted our lives and as a result have forged us into who we are. I want to capture the beauty buried deep within those wounds, and reveal though my artistic medium of photography how healing self exploration can be. - -
I am excited to announce that I have been working on a personal project called “Mi Cicatriz” , My Scar , where I have been working with individuals to talk about their very personal scar stories. We meet, we vent, we collaborate ideas, we shoot and we create beautiful images that coincide with the story. - -
Do you want to be part of the project? I am still seeking individuals for “Mi Cicatriz”. You would need to be comfortable with having your story and images published. If you are worried about showing your face , have no fear, it doesn’t have to show in the portrait. For more information or if you know you are ready to join my journey please contact me : micicatriz.myscar@gmail.com . Also- check out my website : www.luisannatejada.com / Let’s work! 




Mi Cicatriz / Questionnaire
You can use these questions to help you in developing your ‘Cicatriz’ story - -

  1. What is your name?
  2. How did you get your scar? (describe your scar.. There are no right or wrong answers. This can
    be as serious or as silly as long as it is true.)
  3. Is your scar physical or emotional?
  4. How has this scar impacted your life?
  5. What obstacles did you face in dealing with your scar?
  6. Did you find healing?
  7. Did you learn anything from your scar about yourself? 

Can't wait to see what Luu and you come up with!

xo,
KJB

Follow Luu's journey here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...