Flashback Fashion Friday: July

Y'all July was the busy month of them all! I came back from San Antonio, celebrated the 4th for the first time in CA in years! I had a visitor, right here in Davis! Then I went back to Ohio to help my mother move, I got a tattoo, got to throw my mom a surprise party, went to the Art Walk, went to a baby shower AND a wedding! All with Thomas in tow and battling my anxiety. Not to mention, that at the end of the Ohio trip, Thomas and I drove back to California in three days!

Here's what I wore:

July 1:

KJB Goes to the Alamo!

July 2nd:

You know how much I love a theme! So I quickly picked up a red, white and blue color combination.

July 3rd:

July 4th:
Happy Birthday, America!

July 5th:

One of my favorite friends, Sara, came to visit and after picking her up at the airport we went to this fun place in Sacramento!

July 6th:

Sara and I went to San Francisco! We stopped at the Golden Gate Bridge and then the Palace of Fine Arts before heading over to the Museum of Ice Cream! The best part of the day was Sara asked me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding! (I said yes!)

July 7th:

Sara and I went to the Saturday morning Farmer's Market and then had breakfast at Cafe Bernardo, my favorite place to take people, and then we walked around. 

July 8th:

On Sara's last day in Davis, we went to the Arboretum and walked around before getting food and heading to the airport! 

I can't wait for Sara to return!

July 9th:

My mouth was numb from my 10am dentist appointment until after my arrival at the Harry Styles concert!


After Sara's visit and the Harry Styles visit, I was left just working during the summertime which meant that my outfits varied.


July 10th:


July 11th:

July 12th:

July 14th:

Thomas and I headed to San Francisco to meet up with the alumnae group there for a picnic in Golden Gate Park! I did not plan ahead, because while it was 80+ degrees in Davis, I really needed pants and a sweatshirt.

July 15th:

July 16th:

July 17th:

July 18th:

July 19th:

The travel day from HELL! A rude man yelled about Thomas on the plane and it took me 2 of the 3 hour flight to calm down. I watched Mulan without headphones and without subtitles (COME ON AMERICAN AIRLINES).

July 20th:
Art Walk 2018

July 21st:

A family friend and I planned a surprise bon voyage party for Momma leaving Ohio! This was literally what I wore. I loved it! The outfit almost gave it away cause mom wondered why I was "so dressed up". We have different definitions of what dressed up is though. 

July 22nd:

July 26th:


July 27th:

July 28th:
Baby Shower Ready
When you have a baby shower in the morning/early afternoon and then have a wedding in the evening. I simply changed my shoes! Quick change style! Lace up gladiators to block heels, I love it! I also changed my hair up a bit, don't feel bad if you didn't notice.

Wedding Ready

July 29:


After that tragic flight back to Ohio. I decided to drive back to California. Yup, you read that correctly- my flight on the 19th was so awful that I ELECTED to drive 3,000 miles home.

July30:


July 31:



I had basically three items of clothing to recycle while driving. I realized air conditioning was my friend- so I NEEDED pants!! Thinking that I was flying back, I left a BUNCH of items in our storage unit, but also spent a small fortune sending a few boxes West. IF only I had known. Also- if only Thomas didn't shed so much and I hadn't had to pay a BAJILLION dollars for them to clean it.

I hope you enjoyed seeing what I wore... a MILLION years ago-- hopefully you've been following along in real time via Instagram!

xo,
KJB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...