KJB Gives Thanks

The thing about good friends- great friends - is that you can go days, months, years- 16 years to be exact, and add in a couple of kids and you can pick up like no time has passed. But I'm getting ahead of myself.



So you may be aware that last year, I found myself in Davis, CA for Thanksgiving last year! But I was lucky enough to be invited to family friends that live near by in Rocklin, CA. What a small world! Ironically enough, this was a family that I had not been in direct contact with since childhood, but they graciously invited me to come for Thanksgiving dinner at their home. It was a wonderful experience and then when Mom came out for her Spring Break last year, we were able to get together once again.

This year, I was able to reunite with more family friends. Again, 16 years had passed. This time I was able to also spend it with Mom, who (whom? I don't actually know) came in from Washington (where she is now living, yeah- you missed quite a bit in my absence, apologies! More on that later, I promise).


Making friends as an adult is tough. I'm sure I don't need to tell you that, but realizing that if you make the correct kind of friend- you can keep them your whole life. Mom and I spent a week with our friends in Oregon, after not having seen them since 2002, with their children (children that we met for the first time). We even made plans to return in July for our friend (my first friend)'s 50th birthday!


So while 2018 may have been a difficult year creatively and emotionally- I'm eternally grateful for GREAT friends!



xo,
KJB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...