KJB Lately: Healthcare Ongoing

So I've discussed the difficult journey that has been finding my own healthcare plan once I turned 26. Read it here and then an update here.

Since the last update in March, I have figured out how to get insurance. I made it right under the 30 day mark to get to use my turning 26 to enroll during non open enrollment times. Can you believe?! I almost missed my window to get insurance, and yet no one told me such a window existed.

I have healthcare and also dental care. Of course, they're not bundled together. Of course, the healthcare costs me close to $200 a month. So I'm sure this should surprise no one, that there are people without health insurance!

Even with the health insurance, I only just recently made a dentist appointment and I'm still working on getting into the doctor. In California, or at least with my plans- I have to be assigned to a certain doctor/practice.

Throughout this whole thing, I know that I need to get back on my meds, though I'm not sure it'll be antidepressants, because while I originally got on my medication to sleep- I'm currently not having issues sleeping, but I have become increasingly anxious as I get older. I am grateful that my quitting my meds cold turkey did not have an adverse effect on me after a week or so.

I'll be sure to report back on this growing saga.

xo,
KJB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...