KJB Lately: Healthcare

So today is the first day I’m without my medication while I try and navigate the world of affordable healthcare. Thomas (my 1yo English bulldog) was able to get covered in a matter of minutes. Somehow I imagine that it’s not going to be that easy. I’m a week behind in birth control but ya know, my total lack of allure, makes that less of a big deal than my anti-depressant. 


I went on my first anti-depressant in 2015, I had moved home from college and Mom had me take my sister to the doctor’s office after school.  While there they told me that Mom had made me an appointment, sneaky, sneaky Mom. During the appointment I had to tell our doctor how I was having a hard time sleeping and then after answering a few more questions about my irritability, he told me that I fit the symptoms of depression. I cried right then and there. Realizing that it was true and I went on medication. 

Since 2015, I have been on different forms and different amounts but I’ve been a lot more pleasant of a person. If you need proof, look no further than the times I’ve let my medications lapse and in the days in between I’ve been nasty enough to make people cry, sorry sis. 


So while I’m happy here in Davis and Thomas is honestly the world’s best medication. It makes me increasingly nervous to be in a new environment and without medication. But naturally, I had to have a letter saying I was being kicked off my mom’s health insurance. Happy 26th! So I had to wait for the letter that finally arrived... honestly- if I could still be on mom’s insurance why would I be trying to get my own?! This is certainly Trump’s America. 


Wish me the best of luck while I navigate the insurance waters and try to find some coverage. Universal healthcare really would be bomb.com, just saying. 

xo,
KJB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...