Hot Mess Review: Find Your Here



What to say about Emily Belden’s debut novel, Hot Mess... it took me on quite the journey! So let me forewarn you... You’re in for quite the trip! 



Started with yellow nails, ended with pink! That's the stress.

Let’s get into it...

Belden tells us right off the bat on the sleeve of the book that Allie is gonna gamble big and it’s up in the air of how that’ll work out! So I was on edge literally until THE moment of truth! 


Belden’s Allie Simon is both lovable and increasingly frustrating while navigating a situation that I can only be glad I never encountered at 25! 



If I’ve learned anything in my 26 years and Hot Mess supports, it’s that it’s important to choose yourself everyday. You have to fight for yourself and your own happiness and obsessively curate your life. 


I for own cannot wait for Belden’s next book, Husband Material. Fingers crossed Allie Simon’s ending is a happy one! If it’s not about Allie Simon, then we’re in for another treat to fall in love with a whole cast of other characters! 


Bravo, Emily!! 

xo,
KJB



Get your copy here



*Gird your loins*... I kept track of my stream of consciousness while reading and you’re in luck! 






Click here! Spoilers abound. 






4 comments:

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...