Sister, Sister

One of my favorite college professors was my English Comp prof. She once told us a story about how she didn't have any interaction with her only sibling, her sister. I found this to be shocking being that I too am one of two and I was floored.

She went on to tell us that they didn't talk because they were so different. That had they not been siblings, that they wouldn't in each other's lives, they weren't friends. So they didn't speak.

My mother is one of five children, they each have their own relationships and interactions with each other. I was always super grateful for the relationship that the three of us had. It wasn't tons of people, just us three.

My sister and I are very different, and yet surprisingly similar in certain cases. You obviously love your family, but I also like my sister- which I was always grateful for, especially after my professor made that admission.

A year ago today, my sister moved to North Dakota... young love. And we haven't spoken since Labor Day 2016... Life is weird.

xo,

KJB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...