KJB's New Adventure

I'm just gonna say it- I'm excited about my upcoming graduation. Surprising because I've always despised change. The thought of the unknown is terrifying to me. I am the girl that refused to talk about senior year when I was 17 cause I didn't want to graduate. And yet, the promise of this new adventure that comes at the end of this long journey, that has been school, is truly exciting.

That's not to say that I'm not going to miss the friends I've made in Akron. But something I've learned thus far, people are always moving but real friendships can stand the test of time. The majority of my friends moved away after high school, so I've had my fair share of long distance relationships. So I know that if you put work into it and if it's there, the friendship will last no matter the distance. I mean, the past 4 summers I've come home and my friendships are no different during the summer than when school is in session. But there's something comforting in the fact that people come and go from your life but their mark will always be felt on your heart. True friends don't have to be seen constantly to remain close.

Don't get me wrong, I'm nervous to see what will happen come graduation, but up until this point everything has been set in front of me. You start school at 3 or 4, and go until your early twenties. School is what you do to become a member of society, nowadays. So there was no question about my plans after high school. So after this December, I'll have a bachelor's. And yes, I've toyed with the idea of grad school, but at this point, I'm grateful that I didn't choose a life path/career that requires it.

So I'm finally about to start on a journey that's entirely my own. I'm no longer standing in the trail of the people that came before me, now I'm about to set my own trail ablaze. And there's something reassuring about that. I've had so many people this summer giving me encouragement about my future. These well wishes have given this new adventure a kick.


There's just something exciting about becoming the person you were born to be.

"Whatever is going to happen will happen, whether we worry or not."

xoxo
KJB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...