KJB Goes to the Movies

**SPOILERS AHEAD**


Yesterday mid-morning, I went to see Insurgent with my mom and sister. While this is my favorite book in the series, much like Catching Fire-- where the lows are manageable because the highs give us what we want... and the author has yet to strain our emotions. The verdict is still out on my feelings on the movie. While most definitely entertaining, it didn't hold a candle to the book. But really-- when does it ever? My biggest issue was that they were often times SO CLOSE to being accurate... why not just go the whole way?! These are things I'll never understand.


Then last night, I went with a friend to see Furious 7. The Fast and Furious franchise is easily one of my favorite movie franchises. The plots, the characters, the music and the fast cars- what more do you need? This franchise always brings out the most amazing juxtaposition of people. 

It was emotional to say the least. I knew that seeing Paul Walker again would be difficult. Since his untimely death in November 2013, I was conflicted, excited and sad to see another FAST movie and to see how they finished off the movie without PW. The tribute at the end was so beautiful and too much. I'm having the hardest time not crying just thinking about it. This movie did not disappoint in the slightest. 

 

I feel a lot about Paul Walker's death that I do about Robin Williams... it's unbelievably sad to see one of your favorite actors die. The feelings, the grief accompanied with death-- I find it nearly impossible how to articulate how I feel. I remember vividly wishing the news of PW would be a hoax, I remember not accepting it until the cast were releasing statements. I've never been good with change. I cry at the drop of a hat. I cry when my series end, when characters die, so why not when an actor that you feel you know dies. 

I think death is hard because we're forced to think about how precious and fleeting our time on earth is:
So let the light guide your way hold every memory
As you go and every road you take will always lead you home

It's been a long day without you my friend
And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
We've come a long way from where we began
Oh I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
When I see you again
xoxo 
KJB

For Paul



No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...