Where I've Been...


I’ve always had an active imagination and because of that I’ve always suffered from delusions of grandeur. I thought high school would be like all of my favorite classics, Clueless Meets 10 Things I Hate About You Meets Drive Me Crazy Meets mean girls. Basically if John Hughes and John Hughes like directors were in charge of my high school experience and not that extremely mundane with sporadic rites of passage. So if I was delusional to not figure out that high school wasn’t like a movie, I definitely didn’t realize that college wasn’t gonna be anything like GRΣΣK.

This isn’t to say that I didn’t have a wonderful high school experience, cause I totally did. So much so that it wasn’t until junior year of college when I stopped wishing I could go back. If you couldn’t connected the dots- junior year of college was when I started to actually enjoy college and the few friends I made early on were joined by lifelong friends that I have now.

All of this is to explain that after 15 years of daydreaming about moving back to California, reality has been a hard pill. First, I moved to northern California and not my beloved Southern California and then completely alone was a wild ride. Not to mention, I moved with $500 in my savings account so it’s not exactly like I’m living like Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous plus there’s that pesky thing about not having any friends. Sure, I have family friends and some other friends in the area but they obviously have their own lives to live. So basically I’m upset that my life post college isn’t anything like Friends.

Though if I’m being honest, I had been living that life since graduating college and moving the 2 and half hours away from akron. It’s not like I got to see my college friends much but then I got my high school friends back, well the ones that hadn’t left the state but then again— they too had their own lives so our get togethers were sporadic and far between.

Thankfully I have Thomas, he kept me company while Mom was at work during my unemployment , and of course he was there for the cross country road trip from hell and even now in my Facility Director digs.

So I guess what I’m trying to say is that I’ve been MIA trying to rectify what I imagined living in California would be like with what it’s actually like, along with getting the hang of my new job and life here in Davis and of course there’s being a puppy Mom and grad school (honestly who thought grad school was a good idea? Who needs a MPA?).

Bear with me while I navigate this new year and this new life.

xo,

KJB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...