KJB's Twenty-Seventeen Round Up...

Ya know how at the end of 2016, we were hoping 2017 would be better... I'm not sure what happened there, but the dumpster fire that is life continued. But in retrospect... a lot of great things also happened during the dumpster fire of 2017!

I mean politics were shit, but I continued my resolve to get involved! There's the RESIST Bot that sent constant text reminders, there were the organizations sending emails and of course, I was calling Senators Portman and Brown constantly! Imagine my surprise when I moved to Davis, and all my representatives are Democrats, what a relief!

Much like 2016's Round Up, here's the highlights brought to you by my planner:


January:


Went on my first VST trip to Indiana University for Deferred Recruitment
Did my first (and would be my only) Museum Shop inventory
Disney Channel canceled Girl Meets World and I've never been so upset
Finally managed to review Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life
Started my 3 month free trial of Apple Music
Went to the Pizzuti with the docents & DACO staff



February:



WCW continued on KJB Meets World
Circular Abstractions: Bull's Eye Quilts opened at DACO
Went on my second VST trip to Towson University for Deferred Recruitment
Celebrated my 25th birthday with a lunch in Columbus
Went to Dayton to celebrate my friend's birthday
Went to Indianapolis for Regional Recruitment Training


March:


Went to Chicago for Alpha Gamma Delta's first Circle in the City and to see my high school BFF
My friend from college had her wedding shower
Started graduate school at Indiana Wesleyan University!


April:


I was scammed out of $500
I got a dog!
Went to Florida again with my BFF
Circular Abstractions: Bull's Eye Quilts closed at DACO

May:


Jenny Han's Always and Forever, Lara Jean came out!
Three Voices: Conversations on Life and Conflict opened at DACO


June:


My grandma sold her house
My friend's brother's burial service
My friend's wedding
Tour of Homes


July:



Went to Indianapolis for TLC
Mom, Thomas & I went to Atlanta-- THAT GEORGIA AQUARIUM THOUGH! (You saw it Pitch Perfect 3, btw)
Descendants 2 premiered on Disney Channel




August:


Went up to Akron for my BFF's Mom's surprise party
My aunt came to visit
Columbus Monthly's Punch N Brunch
Three Voices closed at DACO
I was laid off from DACO



September:


Mom & I went to Bloomington for the Beta Delta House Dedication
Went to Baldwin Wallace on a VST visit & Maria's Field of Hope
My friend from high school's bachelorette
I was hired for my FD position with Theta
Saw Trixie Mattel in Columbus at The Funny Bone



October:


Went to Akron for Homecoming, Bae's soccer game, & Szalay's Farm 
My friend from high school got married!
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend premiered
My big & I went to see Gavin Degraw in Athens, OH
The next day I began my three day journey to Davis, Ca 



Home Sweet Home

November:


Met up with a friend from elementary school I haven't seen in 15 years
Voted in Lancaster's Mayoral race
Had Thanksgiving with family friends I haven't seen in over 15 years
Thomas & I went to San Jose to see my friends from Ohio that live here
Changed my mailing address

December:


I tried for a second time to get a new ID to make up for the horrible new ID I got in February... and to register my car-- imagine my surprise that my Ohio ID wasn't enough information 
Christmas Cardapalooza 2017!
Thomas & I went home for Christmas
Had my 8th Annual Ugly Christmas Sweater Party



KJB Meets World turned 6!
Bae turned four!
Still killing it at grad school :)


Thanks for another great year! 2017 was tough af, my posts came less frequently as the months went on...  but here's to a more creative 2018.


Happy New Year!

xo,

KJB

2 comments:

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...