KJB Lately: #77Easy

Howdy, y'all! Yesterday was the last day of November and also the last day of #77Easy! If you're wondering what that is... you're not alone. Thirty days into the challenge, I still had people in my DMs asking me what that meant. If you head over to my Instagram, and scroll to the right in my highlights, you'll come across the Tik Tok (77 Easy) that started it all.


If you can't be bothered, as I completely understand- the #77Easy came from this woman deciding to take 77 days and change up her lifestyle in a challenge format. I took it a step further and simply just made the 77 Easy, just that- 77 days of 30 minutes of ANY activity. 

It started off strong. I would go on mile long walks, and do my 100 squats and Thomas was loving his daily walks, but he started to wonder why they were so long and honestly so was I. Day 10 is supposedly when things become a habit and Day 10 of any workout is extremely difficult for me.


No joke, I struggled but I managed to keep going even if my thirty minutes of activity became less and less strenuous and more about simply moving my body, which was always the point. 

I kept track of it all via Google print off calendars! 




The updates for the 77 Days, became so much that I had to create a second highlight seen below.


Each day of activity was more difficult for me, because I truly enjoy my day to day, which involves a nap and sometimes I can't manage to squeeze in a 30 minute walk. So I adapted any long range movement could and would count for my own purposes. So the walks would range from 12-20 minutes, sometimes it was me walking laps in the backyard while Thomas played. I got back in the habit of drinking 80 oz of water a day and other days I could only do 40. 

What I learned throughout this and what I hope my friends that participated learned as well... is that our bodies are cool things and that we should treat them well and with respect and that does not mean simply just eating right and exercising, but also that we have to be able to give our bodies a break. You have to be aware of your intentions and what the outcomes realistically will be. 

When we started in September, I knew that after months of inactivity due to COVID-19, that I wanted to get up and moving but that was honestly as far as I went with goals. So I am happy to say that #77Easy was a success and perhaps, just maybe- it'll come back in the new year!

xo,
KJB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...