KJB's Twenty-Twenty Round Up

 The day has come! 2020 has come to an end! While watching Death to 2020...



I realized all the madness that this year has had... like the Australian wildfires.... that almost took out all the koalas! Then there was the Trump impeachment trial... then 2020 truly took off with the coronavirus. Here we were thinking that 2019 was somehow bad... 2020 came along and said, "hold my beer!".


January


January saw Thomas turning 3! I began my first year of my PhD program through Indiana Wesleyan University. The loss of Kobe & his daughter, Gigi. 



Taylor Swift also gave us Miss Americana on Netflix.



February




February saw my 28th birthday and my returning to Ohio for my high school best friend's wedding on Leap Day! While in Ohio, I was able to meet my little's baby for the first time! I also started to hear mention of coronavirus that seemed far fetched to be anything too menacing... boy was I wrong!





March



In March, I was supposed to go to Vegas to see my Little get engaged and then I was going to see my mom in LA over UC Davis' Spring Break- but that's when quarantine started. March, Friday the 13th, made an end to that. A fair amount of the women moved out of the house and life as we knew it changed. 


My Little and her Fiance went to Florida instead and got engaged!


Nothing seemed too serious in March, it seemed like we were just gonna have to be at home for the initially proposed 2 weeks and then thought we would be back to normal... incorrect *David Rose voice*

The end of the month began with tons of video calling and my love of Olive & June took off!

April


April saw the series finales of Schitts Creek and Modern Family! As if this time wasn't sad enough!! We also celebrated Thomas' Gotcha Day!


The quarantine continued and shows started to shut down. I started my second set of classes.

May


My friend, Ellee got enaged this month! Mother's Day was this month so I made sure to send a ton of cards for all my friends that are mothers. Mom moved from LA to SunRiver, OR!


June

The indiscriminate spending continued... I bought so many random things this year- that was truly ridiculous! 


The women decided to end their school year with a week long dress up event! My friend's wedding was canceled. 

July


In July, we decided to get together after months apart and met up in SunRiver for the 4th of July. With Coronavirus, my first year of IWU Summer Residency was online! It was a week long experience with my cohort and the school. It made up for the cancelled Alpha Gamma Delta Convention! 

August


August saw my mom returning from SunRiver to move back to LA. Also this kickass Thomas mask!

September


September saw the start of a new school year for UC Davis and then my final term for my first year! Also the start of the #77Easy!

October


Thomas and I celebrated 3 years in Davis!



November

November saw the beginning of the Real Housewives of Salt Lake City! 


Thomas & I spent Thanksgiving alone and just vibing.

December



While the decorations and the movies were full of Christmastime joy, the holiday was a bit melancholy. Thomas and I went to LA for Christmas and then mom came up to Davis for the new year! 




Goodbye 2020, Hello 2021!

xo,

KJB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...