Love Yourself

One of my favorite quotes is:
"Don't forget to love yourself first."

Because it's an important sentiment that is often forgotten. I'm not saying to be conceited, not I'm not saying to be selfish, but sometimes, if you don't put your health, your needs, your safety first, who will?

So I think to be truly happy, like day in and day out, there are things a person has to change about themselves. Here's my plan:
Good for Soul:
- Art Museums, I love learning and I need to get back to the fun of it
- Library, there are so many amazing books out there that I want to read and I'm gonna start
- Exploring
-Therapy, be that writing in a journal or writing in a public forum, like a blog, or seeing a trained professional
-Friends, not isolating myself and experiencing everything my friends have to offer

Healthy Habits:
- Food, I need to start eating better, I'm not a total slob, but I need to be more conscious of it
- Exercise, daily walks, swimming again, I love being active once I decide to Just Do It
- Skin Routine, this is the only body I have I need to take care of it on every level
"Drinking water will help improve your skin health."
I need to somehow manage to completely drink 8 glasses of water a day.

Finding Fitness:
-Kickboxing, its physical and therapeutic all in one 
-Swimming, it works every muscle in your body
-Walking, its better for your joints than running, and I'll last longer on a walk than on a run
-Look for something with a deadline, like a marathon or 5K, especially if it's for a good cause

Ultimately, whenever I start to think about the things I need to do to be happier, writing more is numero uno... so I'm going to try and be more diligent.

"There's no time like the present to make a fresh start."
xoxo
Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...