KJB Goes to the Fairfield County Fair



I have spent 8 out of the past 12 years of living in Ohio, in south-central Ohio. So naturally fall has come to mean football (usually The Ohio State but definitely BIG Ten and because of my mom, always IU) and the Fairfield County Fair. So this weekend I went home for the fair.


               


Summer ends, school begins, and suddenly-- its fair week. The excitement is tangible, kind of like the holiday cheer that can be felt right before Thanksgiving to Christmas. Fair Week heralds the season! 

------------

Fair Must-Haves:
Deep Fried Cookie Dough
Birch Beer (think Root Beer) & Steak on a Stick 
 My food tastes have changed since I first started going to the fair. Originally, I was all about the pizza, funnel cakes, tacos, cheesecake on a stick, caramel apples (that I lost a taste for while I had braces), elephant ears. Now, my go to's are Steak-on-a-Stick, Birch Beer, Cattlemen's Special and deep fried cookie dough. Health goes out the window when the fair is in town, though there is TONS of walking!  
   


There are officially 8 weeks until graduation. Broken down there's 6 until Thanksgiving and then 2 afterwards til December 13, 2014 at 10am (yes! I'm graduating 12/13/14, pretty freakin' sweet!). The next 8 weeks will be full of lasts. So the fact that this was the last fair week before I enter the unknown "adult" world was surreal. 


I'm not sure where I'll be in the upcoming years, but I do know that I fully plan on being back for the fair, it signals the changing season in my eyes! It's a great week(end) where I get to see another great facet of Lancaster (my other favorite town activity being, The Artwalk, a facet of The Lancaster Festival).  When the fair comes around, I know it's an appropriate time to start watching Hocus Pocus and Halloweentown and to start getting excited for the end of the year and looking towards all the fun events (Thanksgiving, Christmas, NYE) that are coming.

There are few big ticket items left mile marking my road towards graduation:
  • Halloween
  • Lip Jam (my sorority's philanthropy event)
  • Formal
  • Initiation
  • Thanksgiving
  • Finals
  • Graduation
The finish line is in view, it's laid out in front of me... Meaning I have to make the most of this time, the time where I was be young and do all the things that I might not have time for later.


That's why I'm so glad to live in a world where there are Octobers...
& the Fairfield County Fair

xoxo
KJB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...