Speaks to the Soul

Music has a way of transporting the listener to a time, place, emotion and it's a truly beautiful thing. In a few short hours, Taylor Swift is releasing her fifth album, 1989. I can barely contain my excitement-- her albums tend to have a way of letting me know how I should be feeling. Her first single, "Shake It Off," told me I was on the right track with my emotions... and I cannot wait to see what the rest of the album is like.

Here are a few of my favorite songs of the moment:
22- Taylor Swift
This Is How We Do- Katy Perry
Title- Meghan Trainor
Dear Future Husband- Meghan Trainor
Can't Shake You- Gloriana
Rather Be- Clean Bandit
Shower- Becky G
Leave the Night on- Sam Hunt
Jealous- Nick Jonas
Have to Thank Youu- Gavin DeGraw
Can't Stop Drinking About You- Bebe Rexha
Last Goodbye- Kesha
Wasting All These Tears- Cassadee Pope
Whiskey- Jana Kramer
Somewhere Only We Know- Keane

I could go on and on about music. It's an amazing facet of our society. It's so beautiful to know that someone out there is going through some of the same turmoils that you are. There's nothing more therapeutic than blasting some ballad and singing at the top of your lungs. Preferably in the car with the windows down and with your best friend right beside you.


If you haven't listened to Taylor Swift's 1989, do it, do it now... It's life affirming, it's everything I've been hoping for since she realized her first single back in August. Yesterday, I listened to the whole on repeat, walking around campus, driving in the car, and just sitting on the porch with friends jamming.

"This is a story of coming into you own... and alive as a result." 

xoxo
KJB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...