One Day...


The Gorgeous Bride and Groom


Wedding Date







My Beautiful Gam Fam





When You're Alum AF and Wondering Why You Crashed Formal


Brunch So Hard!

As I've said before, if I'm not at home or at work, I'm in Akron- that may sound a bit drastic but at 23 -- the majority of my friends live out of town. So this past weekend, was no different.

One of my fellow UA alumna was getting hitched- so that made for a grand excuse for another trip NORTH. The bride was gorgeous, as always- the dress, OMG! The ceremony was wonderful. There was One Direction. The reception was phenomenal. There was One Direction. The food and drinks were delicious. The first dance and all the solo dances were emotional. The last solo dance was a surprise where the bride danced with her Maid of Honor/little sister to Wind Beneath My Wings, yeah- SOBFEST 2015. The cake was not only stunning but delicious. 

I love weddings, counting this past weekend, I've been to four and I'm being I was in attendance through the televised versions, I'm counting the Royal Wedding, Khloe & Lamar and Kim & Kris (so 7 weddings in total)- we could count the Kimye wedding but that one's a little harder to defend, and I know it's still a sore subject with Brody {Jenner, keep up people}. 

I love getting to be a part of the happy couple's special day. I love knowing that these two people are choosing to spend the rest of their lives together, to memorize each other's Chipotle order and to take care of a puppy. PRIORITIES, PEOPLE!

I love weddings. Public Pinterest board? I have it. Collaborative Pinterest board? Guilty. Planning the very elusive dream wedding, I send screenshots on screenshots. Growing up I was never one to plan my wedding from day one, it wasn't until senior year of high school when we were assigned to plan our own weddings- and I caught the bug!

Weddings, love them! But let's be honest- I'm not saying marriage-- with my Pinterest boards, I have the perfect wedding planned (actually two- one in the summer and another in the fall, a girl's gotta keep her options open). Most of the time my sisters (biological and sororital [I know it's not a word, just let it happen.]) and I joke about how all I need now is a groom, he could just fill right in when the time comes-- he's just an afterthought. 

If you identify as a millennial- I'm sure that as time goes on you probably find yourself between a rock and a hard place, a deserted wasteland. 

Because you're starting to find that half of your friends are settling down and getting married, purchasing cars, having kids, puppies and starting careers and the other half of your friends are stumbling home intoxicated carrying their shoes and wondering what they'll eat when they get home more so than whether or not the bartender still has their credit card and if they left their phone behind like Cinderella's glass slipper... and of course- it's dead. 

I applaud your level of commitment married friends, and I wish you ALL the happiness in the world but at twenty-three, I find it hard to commit to a nail polish for a week- let's be honest, I'm lucky if they last 4 days- and I can't even take care of myself [one of the reason, I'm still without my own dog]. I'm not anywhere near that level of commitment, I still very much enjoy being entirely my own and 100% selfish in my daily ambitions, the thought of even going on a date makes me unbelievably anxious. [One day, I'll get my dog, and then I'll be one step closer.]

That's probably why my wedding date was my fabulous BIG! And why afterwards, we crashed our sorority's formal cause we're Alum AF. To then go to our usual stomping ground, Manny's Pub. Followed by brunch with my friends the next day. 

I've said it multiple times before-- my friends are my soulmates.

One day that may change... but 'it is not this day." *Lord of The Rings reference, I mean come on- I'm a catch, one day my prince will come.*

xxoo,
KJB

A Lot Goes Down, When We Dress Up
EDIT: Honestly, I just got my new phone and I've never been so happy. My rose gold iPhone 6s+ and myself are very happily in love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...