MotherLOVIN Kate Hudson, MERYL frickin STREEP: YAAASSSS EDIE




Edith Head & Company: Costumes and Jewelry 1924-2015, was a spectacular exhibition put on at the Decorative Arts Center of Ohio this summer, May 21- August 14.

I was able to experience the same caliber of excitement from my internship in 2014, with this all new Edith Head exhibition!

Going from intern to staff- was a phenomenal experience, getting to jump into my field as the Decorative Arts' Shop Manager and further buyer, is an experience of a lifetime!

So in case you missed it on my YouTube page-- I have included videos from each of the galleries and photos as well!

Check it out:


Entrance:



The entrance to the exhibition was incredible and one of a kind and able to excite guests about what they were about to see! 

Many were amazed that the Paramount gate was actually made from styrofoam! Can you imagine!

Gallery One:





Gallery One would probably have to be my favorite because of the Crepe Suzette costume from Darling Lili! It was definitely my favorite piece- just the detail alone.

Gallery Two:

This was THE gallery with THE yellow dress! Yes, THE YELLOW DRESS from How To Lose A Guy In Ten Days! MotherLOVIN Kate Hudson's yellow dress!




Gallery Three:


The craftsmanship on the suits that were in this gallery were incredible! Mary Kay Dodson, Irene (Lentz) and Edith Head were serious magicians!




Gallery Four:

Honestly, this exhibition was incredible and I hope the 9, 262 visitors enjoyed every minute of it!




As much as I say Gallery One is my favorite because of that purple costume- I loved Gallery Four because of the contemporary pieces from Sammy Sheldon and Colleen Atwood. I mean we had a costume that Meryl Streep wore--- MERYL frickin STREEP!


I loved being back for another Edith Head exhibition, and I was able to reconnect with people I met the first time around and able to meet so many more people than I could've ever imagined!

Stay tuned for An Ohio Childhood: 200 Years of Growing Up, Sept.10-Dec.31

xo,

KJB


No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...