KJB Lately: Renaissance KJB


So this weekend my little sister is turning 24, besides the fact that I’ll always think she’s perpetually 12 (for reals, ask her about the time I said she was 9 she was actually 12- it’s a story she’s quick to tell and will never let me forget) even though I remember distinctly the torture that was moving home from college to live with her as a teenage (junior and senior year for me was rough with her- small miracles that this pandemic happened when we lived apart) I cannot believe that she’s going to be so old. For those that know, my sister moved to ND (Ohio isn’t great, but why anyone lives in North Dakota is BEYOND ME!) when she was 19/20, and we were estranged for a year- so I never got to celebrate her 21st birthday so the fact that she’s old enough to drink and is turning 24 is truly beyond me. 


But enough about that... as an older sister and an Aquarius - I’m gonna make this about me, it is my blog after all (she’d say it’s always about me 💁🏽‍♀️) and talk about how when I turned 24, the weekend after was my celebration in Akron/Cleveland with my sorority big (we share a birthday, in case you forgot) and the exorcism that happened to my soul. 


This year I turned 28 - and when I went back to Ohio at the end of February (before quarantine, such good times) and went to my favorite long lost friend, Thou Art, the place of many a tattoo and piercing once I hit 18 - I stopped by to see about repiercing my ears that had closed. They’re had quite the glo up since my last visit in July 2018. They moved a couple doors down to a bigger location and no longer take walk ins- so it meant the ear piercings were postponed until October (fingers crossed all of this is a little more under control by then and we can travel again- I’ve got a wedding to go to). after I returned home I started to think maybe 28 would be MY renaissance- after 24, and the disaster that was- I decided maybe it was time to grow up a bit. But now I’m wondering if I was too hasty. Maybe I should repierce my nose while I’m at it. My tongue? Add a couple new ones to my ears? Why not? I made a goal to have all of that done by 25 originally but at 28 I’m looking back like- why did I get rid of something that brought me joy. Sure towards the end my nose was constantly bleeding but I barely got to experience having a hoop! What the heck?! And why did I remove the tongue piercing? I championed that from 7th grade until I was 19 and I finally did it. 



So the long short of it is- when this is all said and done and it’s appropriate to open up nonessential businesses- your girl is about to be edgy af. I’m gonna start the work on the sleeve I always said I wanted. Life is too short to give yourself  arbitrary boundaries and rules that don’t benefit anyone. If you’re not hurting anyone, why not live your life out loud?! Ya know! 



xo,
KJB


If you wanna hear the crazy story from my 24th Birthday, hit the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...