Love Yourself First

I once read an article that talked about the sad state of affairs that is women in our society always wishing they were thinner. How when they envision themselves in an ideal future they always see themselves a few pounds lighter.

I'm definitely one of those people. Whenever I imagine the future I always imagine myself thinner. I think it's a natural thing. Whether that be healthy or not, I'm not an expert in the matter. I just know that if it makes you happy and it doesn't hurt others then do whatever it takes to make you happy.

So I've decided that this summer, I'm going to be serious about my health and weight loss. Yes, I do tend to say this every summer. But I know that this is different. I feel it. In the 6 days that I've been home, 2 of which had great weather I went on 3 mile walks. On both of those walks I found myself at the top of Mt. Pleasant.

While standing at the top and peering down, I was faced with a very real thought, just how small we all are. In the grand scheme of things, we're all insignificant unless we do something worthwhile. So in my quest of losing weight this summer, and ultimately finding myself, I want to give back. I want to find a way to make my presence in this world, felt by it.

I know that I like who I am on the inside, as a person, as a friend, daughter, and woman. So now I just need to like what I look like on the outside.
  


"The world wasn't built for humans, we were built for the world."
xoxo
Jordan

“Sometimes it’s really easy to shrug it off and other times, things have pinched more. I think most of us are like that, right? Someone lobs a snide remark your way, and sometimes you can laugh about it, while other times you can actually feel the sting. I’m actively working hard on learning to appreciate yourself no matter what. If what someone else says can easily derail you, it means your sense of self isn’t that firmly established in the first place. It’s an inside job. You’re beautiful and worthy and totally unique. People insult each other based on their own insecurities - even though it may feel personal, it really never is. Really. Seriously.”
Emma Stone on dealing with haters 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...