Summertime Sadness

So over Easter weekend, I was walking around Target and came across planners for sale, I noticed that the same planner that I use was on sale for $8, and I was completely appalled by the idea that a planner that only had 2 valid months left was still so expensive. Imagine my surprise when I realized this was not a July to June calendar, but rather a January to December calendar. Up until that point I had not a single clue that those kinds of planners exist. My head is still spinning. I mean, of course, there's the year round calendars at you can buy at the kiosks at the mall during Christmastime. But I had never imagined that such a planner existed, though once I started thinking rationally it made plenty of sense. But then I started to think... What kind of people BUY January to December planners rather than July to June planners... The answer was obvious and yet my friend had to make it explicit... ADULTS! Adults buy January to July planners. Until this point in my life, I've always lived my life in relation to the school calendar.
I'm about to be a 5th year senior, I'll graduate in December, with a major in Fashion Merchandising and a double minor in Consumer Marketing and Entrepreneurship. I'm about to enter into a world previously uninhibited by my family. My mom is a teacher so our lives have always been ruled by the July to June calendar. So with that realization came the fact that this is my last summer vacation. (Unless of course, my dream life of being a stay at home mom is realized- and even then it won't be for awhile.)
This summer as a requirement for my degree, I have to have an internship. After a lot of work and stress, I'll be interning at the Decorative Arts Center of Ohio. Eeep! So exciting. I still am looking for a summer job, but hopefully something will come up.

My goals for the summer:
1) kick ass at my internship
2) make some money
3) lose weight
4) plan for my future after college
5) set up on my blogging and everything else

Tomorrow, I have a meeting with my supervisors. After I figure out the days and the workload needed to accomplish this summer internship, I'll look for a suitable job. Two out of six days- I've managed to go on 3 mile walks so it's just a matter of time if I can keep it up and eat right.

Only time will tell how summer 2014 will go for me! But I'm excited to see what'll happen.

xoxo
Jordan 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...