New Romantics

"I could build castles with all the bricks they threw at me."

I'm sure other artists get it-- but the commonality of all Taylor Swift fans is the fact that she sings about our lives when she sings about her own.

Like I don't know about any of you- but I know that the chances of my dating Harry Styles and Jake Gyllenhaal are slim to none- but because of Queen Swifty, herself, I can sing along as if I did.

So when I turned 22 I knew I had a song waiting for me. Much to the chagrin of my roommate at the time I listened 22 on loop my birthday this past year. And what I feel like everyday since it has played once or at least been quoted. So when faced with getting a year older- I was concerned. I love my birthday, ask anyone, and yet when faced with turning 23, I was concerned... Cause originally there were only two songs, Blink-182's What's My Age Again? 


"Nobody likes you when you're twenty three..."

And then Miley Cyrus and Mike Will came out with 23, but besides Michael Jordan's Bull's jersey-- there's no part of that situation I wanted to be a part of...

So I was left in between a rock and a hard place.

So while I was preparing my present for my best friend, I was looking for the perfect song and I found it... Taylor Swift's New Romantics. You're welcome. 

I believe I have found yet another accurate song Taylor Swift song to be the soundtrack of my life.

We're all bored, we're all so tired of everything
We wait for trains that just aren't coming
We show off our different scarlet letters
Trust me, mine is better

We're so young but we're on the road to ruin
We play dumb but we know exactly what we're doing
We cry tears of mascara in the bathroom
Honey, life is just a classroom

'Cause, baby, I could build a castle
Out of all the bricks they threw at me
And every day is like a battle
But every night with us is like a dream

Baby, we're the new romantics
Come on, come along with me
Heart break is the national anthem
We sing it proudly
We are too busy dancing
To get knocked off our feet
Baby, we're the new romantics
The best people in life are free

So ya know-- thanks for that T. Swift.

xoxo

KJB


1 comment:

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...