No One likes an Icy BEtch













In my humble opinion, it should only ever snow on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I suppose there could be an argument for New Year's Eve and New Year's Day, but really-- I'm sticking to December 24th and December 25th, and if Mother Nature isn't gonna show up for that-- then that betch can just stay home...

I know what some of you are thinking-- what about snow for the sporadic snow days... and to which I'm gonna respond- what about em? Now that I've got my degree and I'm in my post grad life- snow days can shove it. Because let's be real- I love when mom gets to stay home on a weekday- but I don't like when my Law and Order: SVU Tuesday marathon is monitored and I don't approve of the questions of why I'm sitting in the dark, but I digress... The reason I really don't care for snow days are because when mom gets them and yet I still drive into work.

How is that a fair life?! Last year after graduation, during my 6 month semester, I was essentially on a perpetual snow day, but now that I can't boycott the outside because it's "too cold" I think that it's complete and utter garbage to allow snow to fall from the sky when I can't benefit from getting out of work, and don't even get me started on having to maneuver the terrain between my front door and the driver's side door and not to mention- then having to clean off the bloody car, and warming it up...

In short- if you're an education major or a teacher, not only are you making a difference in every life you come into contact with... but you're getting rewarded with snow days (you definitely don't get paid what you're worth, but can you put a price on snow days?), while the rest of us, who clearly didn't think our life paths through have to brave the icy tundra that is Mother Nature being a real betch.

xo,
KJB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...