KJB's Clothing Challenge

Too many clothes?

Especially if you aren't wearing all of it- which let's be honest, you're not.

Who is? I dress up 5 days a week and my weekend is made up of the same outfit... After work on Friday afternoon/evening- I change into my pajamas and I stay in them until Sunday's brunch with grandma or if she comes over- I stay in them until Monday morning. If we do leave the house- the moment we come home it's back to the weekend uniform.

Recently its my BFFs for Life Barack and Joe tee and when I get cold my Boy Bye sweatshirt. 

So what do you do when you basically in one way or another wear the same 5 outfits every week and you have an overflowing closet.

Give yourself a challenge:

Make it a priority to wear something new everyday until you run out and have to repeat.

Document it so you're guaranteed to remember- think of a what you'll learn. 

So while you're going through your closet- if you find something that doesn't fit or you just don't like- set it aside to either sell or donate.

This is the perfect opportunity to cut the tags off everything in your closet that you've had for years- never worn and can no longer return it. Cause honestly how often do you have an item with tags that you absolutely loved when you bought but it never works into your outfit, so you never take off the tags. Then you don't wanna get rid of it cause the tags are on it and clearly you bought it for a reason even if you don't remember it now.

So there you have it- challenge yourself to wear everything in your closet before you even think about repeating it. 

I'm gonna do it too- unfortunately- I can already see that my pants will repeat but I'm gonna do my best with the blouses. 

Stay tuned...

xo,

KJB

Let it be known, that I'm trying to practice what I preach and it's proving to be moderately difficult. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...