KJB Lately: A Year In Review

It’s truly exhausting being KJB. I’m full of inquiries, about myself and the world. I once asked my mom if she thought I was shy growing up. She told me that at first she did until she realized I was just cautious. I tended to sit back and get a grasp on my surroundings before acting. Y’all if that didn’t suddenly make my whole life make since. 

I realized this year that not only have I been cautious my own life. But I’ve been waiting. Waiting for what you may ask... waiting for my life to begin. Which probably sounds ridiculous being I am a 26 year old woman without Hermoine’s Time Turner, so clearly life hasn’t stopped. Honestly that was the problem, I was waiting for my life to begin while watching everyone else just pass me by. I was cautious to a fault. 

So I guess my first step to truly living was moving West at the end of 2017. As you all know, Thomas and I picked up and left dreary Ohio for sunny California. Thus completely KJB’s 10 year old self dream of my triumphant return a reality. Though, I’m not sure how triumphant it was being my return’s catalyst was being laid off, but we’re looking forward not backwards. This year, I learned that if I didn’t get outside of my comfort zone, if I didn’t stop watching the world pass me by I’m not really living. 

It’s hard to move some 3,000 miles away from everyone you know and love and still not be exactly where you want to be in life but I wasn’t gonna quit. So I had quite the time making the most of 2018. 



So I made a new friend and we went on some pretty fun adventures to San Francisco. 



I reconnected with friends that had also moved West. 



I had friends that came and visited!



Taylor Swift
Harry Styles
Gavin DeGraw & Philip Philips
Sam Smith

I went to concerts, regardless of if that meant enjoying the show alone or not. 



I became a CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate). 

I finished and received my Masters. You’re now looking at KJB, MPA. 

I traveled plenty throughout the year and spent a ton of money. But you can’t take it with you. I’m here for a good time, not a long time. 






I saw three friends gets married!

I tried to date for the first time. Not well if you ask my friends, but the opposite sex terrifies me (MY ISSUES HAVE ISSUES). 

But ya know, 2018 as awful it was during times, I really did manage to kick ass as much as it kicked mine. I have high hopes for 2019. 

So there isn’t any grand secret to living your best life. You just have to live and craft and create to make it such. In the wise words of Taylor Swift, (I) made a rebel of a careless man’s careful daughter. 


Here’s to 2019. 

xo,

KJB 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...