40 Days and Nights

SO... tis the season is how you start Christmas... So how exactly do you start the Lent season?
Last year, I gave up sweets & drinking anything but water. And I would definitely consider it a success. This year, Lent kinda sprang up on me, so on Fat Tuesday, or Mardi Gras, my 3rd favorite holiday by the way, I was in a scramble to figure out what to give up... My pastor is always saying it doesn't have to be giving something up, you can pick something up too... And that's when it got tricky. But here's what I decided:
  1. Increase positivity
  2. Decrease Facebook use
  3. Limit swearing
  4. Read Bible More
Those who know me very well, know how difficult the positivity will be, naturally I'm a Negative Nancy, I'm extremely cynical. But my thoughts were I'm just evening out the two. The Facebook shouldn't be too hard. The swearing got off to a rocky start, I've gotten so comfortable that I don't always realize that I'm doing it. And it is especially hard while watching my favorite shows, cause yes, I am one to yell at the tv like they can hear me. The Bible readings however are going swimmingly. Which I feel is the most important of all. My pastor gave me the suggestion of reading a Psalm a day, and work through Mark, James and Ruth. I've also decided to keep a journal and write my thoughts about each reading and verse. Kinda like the weekly devotional my church sends out... We call them "Prayers for Thought"...

Happy Fasting
(mentally, physically... GOOD LUCK!)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...