California Dreamin'



I was born and raised in Southern California. I still  call Irvine, my hometown, though I've been here since the 5th grade. 10 years there & now 10 years here. Anyways, I love all California based shows! Specifically SoCal and Orange County shows, Laguna Beach, The OC, and Veronica Mars, just off the top of my head.


So I have spent my weekend, watching the 1st & 2nd season of Laguna Beach! A wonderful way to spend the time in my opinion! I am absolutely obsessed and in love with this show! It hurts me that it's over. They were the Class of 2004/2005. Meaning I was in 7th and 8th grade! I think the main reason I love the show so much was when I was having such a hard transition it was there to give me a little glimpse of what I was missing out on. I constantly think that's what kept me going. Not to mention, now when we go to California every summer, I make my mom venture down the PCH to Laguna, just so I can shout and point out all the places I've seen on Laguna and what happened at them on Laguna Beach.

Another thing about the show, it makes me sad to think of how so many of them, like the public ones, are no longer friends. The graduation episodes still make me cry. The episodes where they all say goodbye make me cry. Even more so, because it makes me very reflective on my friendships and high school experience. And even worse, makes me really sad that soon, those memories will fade, they won't be crystal clear, as if they just happened yesterday. And yet, I'll always have these dvds, which tend to jog my memories, cause ironically enough, everyone does the same thing in high school.



I hate that time passes, and relationships changes. I wish that things didn't change. In an ideal world, every time we get back together our friendships would be the same. But the thing is, life changes and there's nothing to do, so I guess we say goodbye and remember the way your friendships were, while also appreciating that they still exist, even if they're not the same!

I guess I'm just a little nostalgic.
That's what Laguna Beach does to me.

xoxo

Happy February!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...