February 2nd, 2012

Happy Birthmonth to my February babes!

Being February is my birthmonth...
And I celebrate my birthday ALL month long,
I figured I'd bring to you a few cute ideas I've been having!
Outfit pairings, tattoos, what have you.



Recently, I have been extremely into wearing button ups with cardigans, kinda a neat twist on the professional look. At least in my opinion. The best part being I have multiple solid color button ups, not to mention a few solid color cardigans that and make for an extremely versatile wardrobe. Though, I'm not going to lie, I would much rather dress someone else up, than myself. If it was socially acceptable to always be in leggings, sweatpants, and a sweatshirt, that's probably how I would live my life. I absolutely love fashion, I am a Fashion major after all, I know the importance of fashion on the past, present and future. I cannot seem to fully support getting "dressed up" to go to some classes. Yes, appearance and first impression is everything.. But really, I think everyone understands what I'm saying when I roll into class in sweats, " I Just Don't Give  A @*$!" But then again, perhaps, that is the wrong course of action. And honestly, I go through periods when I'll want to dress for each class, but then again, I also have times when I see nothing wrong in not wearing jeans so ultimately that's where the issues arise.




Another facet of my personality, asides from wanting to be comfortable, I absolutely LOVE tattoes. I find nothing more beautiful than a well done tattoo with a story. Theses are a few I plan on getting. The faith one for the obviously,
 "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of
what we do not see."
--Hebrews 11:1
The dandelion and birds tattoo is for my "alis volat propiis/ alis grave nil" because it means "she flies with her own wings/nothing is heavy to those who have wings". This is perfect for my 21st, and I plan on getting this in the same place.
And then the giraffe one, because I have always identifed with them (I'm really tall) and then also, the "stand tall" not going talks about posture, but rise above the problems in life. Rise above the issues in your life, don't sink lower when something bad happens.

Happy Birthmonth!
xoxo
Jordan

3 comments:

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...