Goodnight Tree Hill



Yes! I am actually about to write about One Tree Hill...

Later on in life, when someone asks me where I learned
the greatest life lessons, I will simply reply,
my mother, my best friends and One Tree Hill.


One Tree Hill has been on the air since 2003.
This show first aired when I was in the 6th grade.
I've seen every episode.
Something to know about me, is when I commit to something, I really commit.
By that I mean, I honestly love this show, and the characters.
When something happens to them, I feel as if it's happening to people
I know.
The best part about this show, is that it always has a lesson.
Which I feel like is really different than other shows.

This show truly helped me through some of the hardest
times in my life.
I experienced loss, love, forgiveness, redemption, death for the first time
with this show.
And with it ending this year, I realize that,
especially by the fact that thinking of it no longer being around makes me cry.


This show taught me of the healing powers of music.

I was always someone that never believed in second chances.
Someone who believed that people not just didn't
change, but couldn't change.
With this show, I realized that wasn't necessarily the case.



"Forgiveness is never easy. Bitterness is easy. Hatred is easy. But forgiveness,
that is a tough one. Sometimes people say things they don't mean or do things they can't take
back. Sometimes we do things we can't take back. We're all
afraid of something."
--Dan Scott

"Unburden yourself from the mistakes of the past. And when you do, your heart grows stronger."
-- Dan Scott

When I was younger, and would watch this, and just cry and cry
when things happened to the characters, my mom would always
threaten to take away my tv.
Which I guess is ironic, cause I would never cry like that in real life,
at least that's what I thought until my grandpa died.
What I never realized until I was out of my funk,
One Tree Hill was there for me, when I needed it most.
It was an escape, and it was a venue that
taught me that I wasn't alone when I felt so very alone.

Some people may not get how important One Tree Hill is.
But my question is for them... how did you know that you weren't alone?
Did you just know that others went through the same bull?
Or did you feel alone, and sad and scared?
How often is it that you can find the perfect episode and occasion,
and it fit perfectly with what you were going through.

This show has fully supported me in all aspects of life.
And when it's gone, a part of my heart goes with it.
It's so rare that you find something that makes you fully happy with no setbacks.

I fully plan on own the whole series someday, and when my kids are old enough,
we'll watch it as a family. Because if it helped me, it will definitely help them.

So I just want to thank One Tree Hill,
for everything they've given me.

xoxo,
Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...