Birthdays

Birthdays are extremely important in my book!
They come around once a year.
And the day you were BORN!
That's important!
& if you're not gonna think of it like that who is?!
My birthday, February 13th, 1992.
Is my favorite day!
Only surpassed by Christmas because of Jesus' birthday,
and all of the holiday cheer!
Being I think my birthday is so great!
I try and make everyone else's great too!
So from the moment the birthday begins to the moment it ends,
you'll know that I think you're pretty fantastic!
Cause sometimes others don't make birthdays a big deal,
and I think they're quite the opposite.

I celebrate my birthday for a month! Sometimes longer!
I beginning celebrating the day after my mom's.
So from January 13th to February 20th, and
honestly sometimes until March, I'll say it's my birthday!
In my defense February is a very short month!

I think it started, because my mom would always allow
my sister and I to take whatever day off we wanted
for our birthdays, usually our actual birthday
or the Friday nearest.
Then we would do whatever the birthday girl
wanted!
Mine always seemed to be shopping, sometimes a movie, and lunch!
It was always so much fun to be one on one with mom!


Sweet 16
As I got older I stopped taking the day off and instead it just became a
birthday dinner at my grandparent's house.
And then when my grandpa died,
and my grandma started going South for the winter,
it would just be mom, Jade and I.


And then when I started college, the first time
I wouldn't be celebrating my birthday with my family,
that's where the Birthday Extravangaza probably started!
And it was probably a lot to make up for celebrating my birthday
without anyone I really knew.

And because I sometimes think that
other people may be sad to be away from their families,
19th Birthday
I like to make them preoccupied by
"the happy birthday palooza"...

Either way, I love birthdays!
And I enjoy making others' birthdays fun!

Happy Birthday!!!!
xoxo,
Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...