KJB Does Adulthood

Last weekend* was a big weekend for KJB!

I graduated from The University of Akron on Saturday and there was a Christmas party with my sisters on Sunday.

 

 


Then on Monday, adult life began... I moved out of my sorority house and moved home. Saying goodbye to Akron was a traumatic experience. My first act as an adult come Tuesday, you'll never guess it-- this girl had jury duty! It was definitely an experience, that I get to have again come January 6th, yay me!

So Wednesday and Thursday, I'm not sure what I did- I know I slept a lot which was great because the last two weeks of the semester were rough... Then Friday, I finally ventured away from home with momma and instead of making it to Target and the grocery store, I got two tattoos. Tattoos that I've been wanting and toying with since I was 18, alis volat propriis and alis grave nil, it was spur of the moment and the first time I've gotten a tattoo alone. Friday was also the 5th Annual Ugly Christmas Sweater Party. It's always fun to see friends from childhood and some Akron friends showed up. 

 



The exciting thing about adulthood is while typically I both look forward to and dread my Christmas party- this year when it was over, there wasn't any dread of concern over it being over. Usually I now start to think about Christmas' fast approach and the looming semester, I woke up Saturday feeling free (cause now I can just look forward to my friend's daughter's first birthday)-- so adulthood looks good on me, I am able to sleep more again- my mind is finally resting and I'm just loving life... Check back in January when everyone goes back to work/school and graduation settles into my mind, but for now...

 KJB loves being an adult! Color me shocked! 





“I urge you to please notice when you are happy.” — Kurt Vonnegut


xoxo
KJB



*12/29/14: I have completely lost track of days and weeks, I apologize for being MIA.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...