Year in Review

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! 

Here are photos from after the Christmas Eve Service and my Christmas Day OOTD:

All is Calm, All is Bright

 

Merry Christmas to all, & to all a goodnight

So this year-- our Christmas Day movie was, Into the Woods, it was incredible! I'm not sure when the Bailey tradition began but for the past few years, on Christmas Day the Baileys go see a movie, the last two were Les Mis and Saving Mr. Banks.

December 26th, mom and I had a marathon of the two Hobbit movies and then on the 27th, we went to see the newest movie, The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies. It was incredible- I probably cried more than would be expected.

My favorite Christmas gift- Sleeping Beauty phone case
December 28th, my favorite pretty girl turned one. Mom, my sister and I went to Akron for her birthday party.



Since the 16th, time seems to have ceased to make any sense. I genuinely don't even know what day or week it is without my planner and so I've missed a few posts, my bad. But even crazier- it's cliche but another year is coming to an end- the fact that 2014 is over, somehow seems wrong. 


2014, may be my favorite year of my life thus far. I learned you don't always get what you want, and sometimes that's for the best. 22 is easily my favorite age, I met Gavin DeGraw! I had my amazing summer internship at the Decorative Arts Center of Ohio. Sadly, we lost Robin Williams and Joan Rivers this year. We got a dog, my puppy brother, Harry. Amazingly, Ed Sheeran, Sam Smith, Taylor Swift, and One Direction came out with new albums. I graduated college and left Akron. I became an alumna of my sorority. I learned you determine the way people treat and you get to decide the type of people that you surround yourself with. I got two new tattoos (the two I've wanted since high school: alis volat propriis & alis grave nil). I say this each year- but I've grown a lot this year. Honestly- wouldn't it be worse if I couldn't say that, change or perish. Growth and change is important and I'm glad I finally learned that change isn't a bad thing. I am a better, happier version of the person I was in January. I learned how to be the person I've always wanted to be. I applied for my dream job, hopefully I'll hear back next week. Whatever happens, God is good and will provide. So I'm just gonna stay happy and not stress about things I have no control over anyways. It's crazy to think that 2015, will be my first year without school, and I'm so excited to see what can happen. 

“I urge you to please notice when you are happy.” — Kurt Vonnegut


When I was younger I had a lot planned for 23- consequently 2015 (marriage, or at least engaged, a home of my own), and I've come to terms that most likely that won't be happening for awhile. It's freeing to accept that you don't have any control in how the plan unfolds and all I can do is go out and experience life...

Now as I wait for 2015, I'm excited to think about all that can happen in a year, 365 days: Good, Bad, and The Ugly, but life endures! 

Happy New Year... almost! 


xoxo

KJB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...