I've Got Some Questions....

Don't by Ed Sheeran

On My Mind by Ellie Goulding
I hate to be that guy... Well technically.

I know that there was a time when it was popular or current/relevant to hate on T. Swift. I'm sure everyone can think of someone who did, has, does... if you still do-- HOW. DARE. YOU. Second, I did during the RED era, hit a dark spot, but long before 1989 I came back to the fold...

So regardless everyone is always grilling T. Swift a hard time about her music--

But why didn't anyone ever talk about...

Ed Sheeran's Don't?!

This may be irrelevant to the masses but what else is new...

At work, Ellie Goulding's On My Mind, has been added to the playlist and so hearing it on a loop has me hella curious about the crossover that is On My Mind and Ed Sheeran's Don't.

My little and I has this conversation awhile back...





But this wasn't enough... 

So I made myself an iTunes playlist so I could listen to these two songs on a loop until everything starts to make sense...


It didn't take long- the classic: he said, she said. Quite literally cause Ed came out first and Ellie responded. 

After listening nothing short of a billion times, or ya know- five times, then I had an "ah-ha" moment... Then for one final listen I pulled up the lyrics-- thank you a million and one lyric sites -- so I could read along while I listened.


Don't

Don't

On My Mind

On My Mind


On My Mind

 So here are my questions, even though it kinda seems self-explanatory:

  1. Why didn't we hear more about this? Why weren't there Buzzfeed articles dedicated to this?!
  2. Does anyone else feel as if Sheeran is slut-shaming?
  3. Also... does it seem like he's wrong?
  4. Ellie's song is clearly superior, just in message alone- not a question, just an observation... stay tuned for a future post celebrating it.


I'm honestly not sure what's left to be said...

Slut-shaming is a no go for me-- so sorry Ed.

Ultimately, Ellie Goulding's On My Mind is seriously a "drop the mic" moment.


Read the lyrics and decide for yourself,

xo,

KJB




No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...