KJB's Lenten Season Realization

For Lent this year, I decided instead of giving something up, I was going to pick something up. So I spent it doing 100 Squats A Day.

I was inspired by Buzzfeed, of course:


The first week was fun and hurt so good! The following weeks were mundane and a little boring. By the end, I was begging for the sweet relief of Easter Sunday.

So much so that the Saturday before Easter, I actually wished everyone a "Hoppy Easter" because I knew that was my last day of doing 100 squats and did not realize that I had a whole other day.

--------

When I started the challenge for Easter, I was intrigued by the video and now that it is over, I notice changes in my derrière. But I really wish that I had taken measurement and perhaps had added more to my resolutions. 

How I Did It:
I would wake up and do 4 sets of 25 squats. Anyone that would do 100 squats at a time, you're otherworldly. Those 4 sets were rough. Set One and Two were alright and I would break them up by doing other tasks like feeding Thomas or brushing my teeth. Set Two to Three was a little bit of a struggle and by Set Four, I was ready to die and wondering why I decided this was my cross to bear for Lent. I did help me drink all of my water quicker. During this time I got my new HydroFlask water bottle and now drink 80oz a day!

--------

After Easter Sunday, I gave myself a week off to decide how to proceed (I had just done 46 days straight- what a bitch!) so now that even Orthodox Easter has passed, I suppose I'll continue a more subdued form of this challenge, either maybe 50 a day or 100 every other day. I'm still working on working out the kinks. I also plan on looking at a gym, there's a pilates studio that I may look into. I did just buy toning bands from T.J. Maxx to add to my daily squats. 

Stay tuned.

xo,
KJB


No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...