KJB’s Lent Promises

I think it’s safe to say that 2017 seemed to go on forever so imagine the surprised that January 2018 has gone on for years. Seriously you have to have seen all the memes. 

So naturally it took me awhile to get on the resolutions or rather habit changing. So I spent my Wednesday adding eight blue boxes to my planner so I can do a water log for the year. Knowing that with all my good intentions that I probably will fall off the wagon but I’ll try to keep it going. 

Then I started to think about Lent, my friend is giving up being petty and being a group of my best friends and myself call ourselves, Team Petty, it’s literally never happening. So then I consider giving up sweets and then I realize that Lent 1) begins on Valentine’s Day and 2) I stopped depriving myself of stuff I want 3) freshman year’s lent experience. Then there’s the fact that I could not drink anything besides water (freshman year) but then there’s just so much time in between and i have no self control when I really want something. I get the premise of Lent but I don’t think this will be the year to jump back in the saddle. 

My pastor once pointed out that you don’t have to give something up for Lent you could pick something up- so while I wanted to get stronger after seeing Wonder Woman and I did some things, after watching a Buzzfeed video- I’m gonna do 100 squats a day for 40 days. 

Starting to do the 8 glasses a day was a start and I think this will be a great way to jump start me getting back into the swing of working out regularly, I haven’t had a routine since 2013 so why not do it for Jesus in 2018. 


xo,
KJB

EDIT: I began my Valentine’s Day with the 100 squats and let me tell you- this is about to be a long 40 days! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...