KJB’s Mardi Gras Dreams

Aside from Christmas and my birthday, my favorite holiday is Mardi Gras. I can’t explain it but I’ve never wanted to experience anything more in my life than Bourbon Street in New Orleans during Mardi Gras. 

When I turned 18, I had the brilliant idea that a group of my friends and myself should go to Canada, so we could imbibe and then head to New Orleans for Mardi Gras. In 2010, it coincided with President’s Day so we could’ve had basically a five day weekend. It was a brilliant idea that didn’t come to fruition... who did I think I was to think I had the money to go to Canada and New Orleans... even at 18, I wanted to be a jet setter I guess. 

This year, I thought it was finally MY year! Chicago is back to Columbus and my sorority big (we share a birthday) loves the movie and has never seen the play. So I naturally thought we could do that and then- Mardi Gras is finally back to not only being near our birthday but actually ON OUR BIRTHDAY! So the plan was for us to go to New Orleans for a few days. But of course, I moved across the country and she’s in grad school and work so it definitely isn’t happening this year. But rest assured it’s happening eventually! 

So thanks to this I now know the dates of Mardi Gras until 2027, and guess what- February 13, 2024 is our next chance for Mardi Gras to be on the same day! It’s in 6 years, I’ll be 32 and I’m hyped. 

My big also pointed out We can go for a few days in 2021 ... our birthday, Valentine’s Day and discount candy day followed by Mardi Gras. That’s only 3 years out! I’ll be turning 29 and it’ll be her dirty 30! It’ll be perfect and hopefully by then- we won’t have some BS adulting responsibilities that’ll keep me from the dream! 

So catch us in NoLa in 2021!

xo,

KJB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...