WCW: Alaina's Run

Happy Woman Crush Wednesday! Here's an update from Alaina Pinto!


IT'S HAPPENING! I'm running the BOSTON MARATHON for the Ronald McDonald House of Boston Harbor! I hope you can help me on this journey - both running and *more importantly* RAISING! My goal is to raise $10,000+ for this wonderful organization. Any contribution is appreciated ❤️ click on the link to donate! THANK YOU SO MUCH! 



Here's what Alaina had to say:
Hi Friends! I never thought I would run a marathon. In fact, I thought I would be crazy to consider it! Here I am, it's 2018, and I am running the Boston Marathon - I guess I'm a little crazy... it's fine. Typically, for this race, you must qualify for it OR you can apply to join a charity team. That's what this sloth runner is doing. I'm running and raising for the Ronald McDonald House of Boston Harbor. I AM THRILLED AND ALSO TERRIFIED. I don't know what I'm more afraid of, running 26.2 or raising $10,000 for the house that love built. Either way, I will accomplish both. (Insert shameless plug, here, asking for donations by following this link).
As of the first of February, I have been running, or working out, almost every day, eating well and have completed 8 miles as my longest trek with some hill training mixed in. I have two full months to get my longest run to 23 before race day. I got this. Honestly, my biggest accomplishment has been staying sober the entire month of January and I will continue to stay sober until Patriots' Day which is Monday, April 16.
I wouldn't be able to do this without the RMHC team and my boyfriend who is running the marathon with me. I imagine we will cross the finish line and kiss. Swoon. I have heard from many Boston Marathon finishers that crossing the finish line is one of the best and most memorable feelings in their entire life - will I feel that way? Stay tuned. 
Feel free to make donations here and show our WCW alum some love!


Run, Alaina, Run!

xo,
KJB


Follow Alaina's journey here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...