2015, A Year Well Spent























By dancing on tables, I mean take a nap and watch Lord of The Rings





The saying goes, "a Sunday well spent brings a week of content" so arguably a year well spent brings a life go content? Or maybe just for the time-- because contentment is fleeting, well damn- suddenly we're in dangerously deep territory so I'm back pedaling as quickly as possible yo not pull apart the fragile state of my psyche.

You could easily describe the first 6 months of this year as one long Sunday. It was beautiful and glorious. After I graduated college and came home, I was gifted a fabulous vacation from mom: to enjoy this time off cause the next time I would be able to-- it's called retirement. So that's just what I did: I read, I wrote, I visited my friends, I watched movies and caught up on tv shows I had let fall by the wayside my last semester, and my best friend was easily my Puppy Brother, Harry, I ate and I slept. I wanted to work on my blog and my social media presence- Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr and Twitter. I wanted to look for a job where I could combine all my favorite things as a quintessential "millennial", cause don't we all just hope to find a career where we get to use our passions and make money. Because I wanted to mark and really remember my first year post grad-- I posted a monthly photo to gauge the year and looking back on my feed, I'm so glad that I did.

It was a glorious, glorious Sunday.

Then Monday same, getting back into the flow of working wasn't hard but it definitely not as fun as my perpetual seeking living I had been having.

If I had to rank 2015, I would put it up there with 2007 and 2011, as kind of "the worst". But I definitely learned a lot and I appreciate everything that I went through because it further makes me KJB. I hope you had a wonderful year and a prosper new year, stay safe! Enjoy NYE!!

xo,
KJB


I can't wait to see what my 2nd year post grad has in store for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...