Kismet... And Something Else

In 2014, it was kismet that I came across an internship that was 5 minutes from my house and that the subject matter hit so close to home...

Designing Woman: Edith Head at Paramount 1924-167



I'm not sure when I realized that I wanted to be a costume designer, but learning that the exhibition I would be working during was for THE Edith Head, seemed almost too good to be true! But it wasn't.

So imagine how amazing it was that my current job fell into my lap at the exact same time The Decorative Arts Center of Ohio was preparing to welcome back, Edith Head for an entirely new exhibition...

Edith Head and Company: Costumes and Jewelry, 1924-2015



This exhibition is truly remarkable, but remarkable doesn't even begin to accurately describe it.

While staffing is different, and it was a bit of a change to go from Intern to Museum Shop Manager, the presence of Edith is a nice constant.



The something else? It's magic. Pure magic.
xo,

KJB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...