WCW #1: Wenning Ribbons 'N Bows Meets World

Here's to Woman Crush Wednesday #1! Meet Anna Wenning of Wenning Ribbons 'N Bows


  • How did you come up with Ribbons ‘N Bows?
When I was a sophomore in college, I went to WKU and it is a very traditional style of sorority campus. With that I started to notice that there was a market open for custom made headbands that could be worn to football games and different events. For the name I tried to come up with a name that was catchy and memorable. Using my last name was just the right fit because it could mean so much more. 
  • You went to Miami university, what did you go to school for? Did it prepare you for this endeavor?
  • I went to school to start musical theater at the very beginning and when I transferred to Miami I added a business degree to go with my theater degree. 
    Yes, I think it did. Having studied in two different fields enabled me to see the world and work place in a different mind. Now having been in the work force a few years I have seen how to have a business and still follow my passions. 





    • How long have you been doing this?
    I started it over seven years ago and then it left it alone for a few years and have restarted it again just a few months ago. Now the brand is not only for customer headbands and head pieces but is now for custom design clothing and unique pieces of various types of art.

    • Is this your sole job? If not, what else do you do?
    No. This is a side job. Currently I am searching a role in marketing or business field in the Columbus area. But if business would pick up I would consider making this a full time job. 
    • Who is your ideal customer?
    My ideal customer is someone who is looking for a piece that can express their personal style through unique pieces that I have created. My customer likes to have pieces that can create conversation 



    • Have you always wanted to have your own shop?
    Not sure. Now with the popularity of Etsy it is much easier to have a small shop. I have always loved finding small little shops throughout my life and the thought of having one never really came up.




    • How do you deal with stress?
    There are so many ways to deal with stress, but creating and making my pieces helps to relax my mind and let me express myself in art. I also like to take walks with my dog and work out to let my mind go and destress a little. 



    • What would you say your personal brand is?
    My personal brand is Hard working, organized leader who is continuously striving for Excellence. My brand is always to do my best in everything I do in life.
    • How do you make a lasting impression?
    I believe that to make a lasting impression is by being honest and helping others in whatever that means. Also to always greet people with a smile and bright personality. 
    • What can others learn from you?
    People can learn a lot from me because I have learned a lot during my years. 
    • What is your greatest professional achievement?
    One of them would have to be managing a team of over 10 people right out of college and helping them to increase the sales in my territory.
    • What would be your dream job?
    I would love to be a fashion design or CMO of a large fashion retailer
    • What are your thoughts on fast fashion?
    I think that there should be a little bit in each person’s wardrobe but there needs to be a basic wardrobe to mix in with the fast fashion elements
    • What is your “must have” accessory?
    Costume jewelry earrings. Big and blingy. Also I always wear a ring from my boyfriend.
    • How would you describe your personal fashion?
    My personal fashion is a mix of preppy with vintage elements and little bling.
    • What makes up your wardrobe?
    My wardrobe is a mix of various pieces that I have found throughout my life. As for colors, it is a bit of the rainbow and have something for every occasion. The range of types of clothing is a little of everything from dresses to basic tops. 
    • What’s your guilty pleasure?

    I have so many. I love ice cream though all kinds. If I could I would have it for every meal.

    • Why do you do what you do?

      I starting doing this because it is a passion and something I love to do. When I was little I would draw dress and design for any and everything. Now I know that I can bring joy into people’s lives by creating pieces that can complete their look or style. 


      Thanks, Anna!

      xo,

      KJB

      No comments:

      Post a Comment

      Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

      January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...