WCW #9: There She Bows Meets World

Meet the woman behind, There She Bows, new mom- Morgan Helser





  • How long have you been doing There She Bows?
    • I just started this business venture in the last few weeks when I realized there were people who liked the bows I made for my own baby girl enough to buy them! 

  • Have you always wanted to have your own business?
    • Oh, yes. Ask my family members and they will list plenty of my past “invention” ideas. 

  • How did you come up with this idea?
    • I wanted big bows/headwraps for my own baby to wear so I decided to make them, rather than buy them (I had some free time waiting for her arrival..) 

  • How did you get started?
    • I went to Salvation Army, found a few pieces of fabric I liked and looked up youtube videos titled “how to sew” and “beginners guide to sewing.” After posting a few pictures on instagram, I had people emailing me asking where I bought the bows. When I told them I made them, they asked if I could make headbands for their own little ones. The whole venture sort of fell in my lap. 

  • How do you spread the word about your brand?

  • Who do you feel like is your audience?
    • Young women buying cute accessories for their own daughters, nieces or friends’ kids. 

  • What was your big break? What will be?
    • My big break will be when I have too many orders to keep up with =) 

  • How do you measure success? How will you measure your success?
    • For me, this venture is purely fun and personally fulfilling. Because of this, I already feel like I am successful because I have found a hobby that allows me to stay busy and create something with my hands. 

  • What’s the average day in There She Bows?
    • Taking care of the baby and hoping she sleeps a few hours so I can crank out headbands! 

  • Is this your sole job? If not, what else do you do?
    • No, I am a mother, first and foremost. I will begin my career as a Speech Language Pathologist in July. 

  • Do you have a mentor/mentee?
    • My husband is attempting to teach me the business side of things =) 

  • What can others learn from you?
    • There are enough hours in the day to accomplish everything if you manage your time wisely. 

  • What is your greatest professional accomplishment?
    • Graduating with my Master’s in May

  • Are you a member of any organizations? Trade organizations or otherwise?
    • Not currently

  • What makes up your wardrobe?
    • Comfy, yet (hopefully) stylish clothes that are effortlessly chic. 

  • What’s your guilty pleasure?
    • CHOCOLATE

  • What would be your dream job?
    • I would like to be Johanna Gaines when I grow up =) 

  • What’s the average day in the life of Morgan Helser?
    • Baby girl, baby girl and more baby girl. I spend my days soaking in as much Addie time as I possibly can before I have to go back to work. 

  • What can’t you leave home without?
    • Cell phone

  • Who is your fashion icon?
    • Lauren Conrad

  • What advice can you give to young women?
    • Trust the twists and turns of life. A straight path isn’t always the best path. 

Thanks Morgan!


xo,

KJB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...