Bring Me Your Ugly!


XMAS '15

Ugly Christmas sweater that is! Since Freshman Year of college, 2010, we've been having an Ugly Christmas Sweater party- the guests are basically the same people, and that's something really epic in my book! 

In recent years, I've been able to bring my high school friends and my college friends together to make a magical realm of Christmas and Holiday cheer! 

I've even upped my game to try and go with the theme- year one, was a tee and a Christmas button. Last year, year either five or 6-- was Christmas to the max! I even wore antlers just like MAX! (How the Grinch Stole Christmas)

2010 XMAS

2010 XMAS

Quality Ugly Sweaters

XMAS '10 FRANDS
 Here are some tips that I've picked up over the years:

  • Music is a must!
  • So is food- you need equal parts dessert and savory treats
  • If you're on a budget- BYOB and Potluck is the perfect budget savor
  • Decorations HAVE to be cute
  • Movies are a nice touch!
  • Enough space for activities

XMAS '11
  • Music is a must!
I once made a playlist for the party. I've had Christmas CDS. I've also brought speakers, even worse- I've forgotten them! Lesson learned!

This year, I brought a random and I found the local station that plays Christmas starting at or before Thanksgiving!

It'll be great! Also something to keep in mind- you don't want it too loud, cause you wanna chat and catch up!

  • So is food- you need equal parts dessert and savory treats
The first few years, it was all dessert- we once even had someone go out for a 50 piece McNugget. So plan accordingly.

Now that we're older- I think we do a great job of doing an even mixture of both.

  • If you're on a budget- BYOB and Potluck is the perfect budget savor
Really, this is the first and foremost most important tip- 
I'm no richer, probably poorer since the start of college, and Potlucks and BYOB make this party possible!
XMAS '11

XMAS '11
Fun Fact: Alcohol wasn't present until we were all well into the legal limit, I was 23 and it was last year... HAHA!

XMAS '12

XMAS '12

XMAS '12 
  • Decorations HAVE to be cute
I've gone overboard in recent years with the holiday cheer- I just love holiday decorations. They're pretty, sparkly and just so fun!

Target's "Dollar Section" is my go-to! like-- for reals... Though $3 and $5 finds add up fast!

XMAS '13


XMAS '14
  • Movies are a nice touch!
I used to bring a stack and maybe one would play and as the group dwindled as the evening ended- we would watch more... this year- I'm turning on the Hallmark Channel. They like to call themselves The Heart of Christmas- two hours of a mediocre, sometimes less than, holiday movie and then the next one is one. It's a perfect continuos loop!
XMAS '14
  • Enough space for activities
The living room at my Grandma's is basically a large activity room that the previous owner added. I'm forever grateful. Tons of room for activities!

Fun Fact: in high school, it was the location of many a Just Dance party.

XMAS '14
Last year, my sorority woman antics got the best of me-- I had props for our photos! Or I love a good staged photo and I was missing my sorority days- your choice.

XMAS '15
This will be the first year my sister won't be attending and the first time in two years that Puppy Brother won't be in attendance either. RIP Puppy Brother.



But I have incredible friends coming from near and far for this party, it's my favorite part of the holiday season!

The house has been decorated and so the stage is set for a wonderful Christmas Party!



Here's to this year's photos!

xo,

KJB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...