5 Years Later...






Graduating high school is a major milestone. I'm all about documenting major milestones (my senior year of high, I recorded a much of milestones with the love of my life, aka my Blackberry) in my life, that was the point of this blog, like a public diary- I've shared so many milestones with y'all so there's really no turning back! So in the spirit of full autobiographical disclosure- 5 years ago today- KJB graduated high school!

I still remember this day vividly. I remember waking up surprised the day had actually come- never occurring to me that in order for me to start living my life I would in fact have to close one very important, heavy door in order for me to go through another. I can honestly say that I loved high school (which is highly ironic cause I'm dreading my 5 year high school reunion coming up, but more on that later!) I was comfortable there, I had tons of friends and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I was the girl that didn't want to graduate, leave my friends or grow up, but felt that graduation was rather forcing me to.

It wasn't until probably my junior year, probably my favorite college year, to hit my stride and fully accept the ending of high school and the separation of friends and just my always changing life. Somehow I went from loving high school to finally  loving  college. I always accredit that to joining Alpha Gamma Delta.









The day I graduated college was nothing like high school graduation, thank god! I was ecstatic! All my hard work for the past 4 1/2 years was paying off. I had family and friends in attendance. I was ready for college to come to an end. It's hard to explain but high school graduation felt like I was being forced of the nest while college graduation was us parting on good terms. A bad break up, if you will, compared to an cordial parting.

I'm forever grateful for that difference. Then again- something beloved ending at 18 is completely different than when it ends at 22. Growing up changes everything. 

So while I'm reminiscing on these past 5 years and all the accomplishments that I'm proud of and dreaming and scheming for what's next. I'm also preparing for and enjoying my sister's graduation party this afternoon (she graduated last weekend).




Jade wore the same dress I wore to graduation

So today, we're celebrating my sister's accomplishments. Honestly, I think her graduating may be one of my proudest moments. We're watching her take her first steps and taking on the world. I'm extremely grateful that we had completely different high school experiences and that she's so happy to be done with high school.



xoxo
Forever a Golden Gale, KJB

KJB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...