KJB Had A House Guest







Sangria and Cupcakes won out over Mt. Pleasant
Friends are important in the circle of life. They're a reflection of the characteristics that are important to you. I can say that at 23, I've been blessed with having some really great friends in my life. And on the flip side, some not so great friends in retrospect. Shows like Seinfeld and friends became popular because everyone can relate to a time in their life when your friends are your family.

"There's a Korean word, it's called jung. It's the connection between two people that can't be severed, even when love turns to hate. You still have those old feelings for them; you can't ever completely shake them loose for you; you will always have tenderness in your heart for them." - Jenny Han, P.S. I Still Love You 

I have always had a multitude of friends, very distinct groups of those friends and no relationship ever the same. While I may not still be friends with the same people I once was- each friend has taught me something. It is upsetting when a friendship ends. Friendships can either evolve, or they end when you grow up. I remember the friendships that ended fondly. I've been lucky that the majority of the friendships I've had haven't ended in some sort of explosion but rather just petered out naturally. You can't really get upset when you grow apart. I'm thankful that there's no animosity between us. We just so happen to not be friends anymore.

"People come in and out of your life. For a time they are your world; they are everything. And then one day they're not. There's no telling how long you will have them near. It's the goodbyes that are hard." - Jenny Han, P.S. I Still Love You 

However, there are a few friendships that come to mind that leave a sour taste in my mouth but I came to accept that I would never get answers to some things or never get to explain myself but in the words of Bethenny Frankel, "holding onto anger is like drinking poison and hoping the other person dies."

Some friends come into your life and leave when they serve their purpose. Some friends can go without talking and then the moment you see them again you get to pick up right where you left off.

"You're not going to remain best friends with every single person from every chapter of your life. Some fade in, some fade out. Just be thankful for who you have in the moment... Because some people don't even have that." Sex and The City 

Even when I stop being friends with someone, I still remember their little quirks and a mundane event can remind you of a certain time and suddenly you're transported back to that time. It's the ultimate time travel machine.

"Growing up is weird. Losing tough with friends who you thought would be at your wedding is weirder."

Making new friends as an adult is nearly impossible. High school friends move away. You move away from your college friends. I guess there are co-workers, if you have a job. But how do you even make friends as an adult?

"Some people bring out the worst in you, other bring out the best, and then there are those remarkably rare, addictive ones who just bring out the most. Of everything. They make you feel so alive that you'd follow them straight into hell, just to keep getting a fix." - Karen Marie Moning, Shadowfever

That's why it's the best when people come to visit. I'm extremely lucky that my friends come to visit. Because the majority of my friends moved away and now I have to have friends delivered. LOL. If I could there would be a revolving door on 723 with changing house guests, a girl can dream right?

xxoo,

KJB
"If you gotta force it, just leave it alone. Relationships, friendships, ponytails... Just leave it."- Reyna Biddy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...