WCW #11: Channing Couture Meets World

Meet Channing of Channing Couture!
Make sure to watch Channing Couture on YouTube!

Channing Couture Meets World


  • How long have you been curating Channing Couture? 
I launched my blog in January and have have my YouTube channel for 3 years
  • Where do you draw your inspiration? 
    • I draw inspiration from the everyday woman on a budget. I try to see things through her eyes and let her know if a product is worth the money or make outfits that a “normal” woman could wear and have access to 
  • How did you come up with this idea?  
    • I have always been a budget shopper, learned it from my Mom, so it was only natural that I talk about budget friendly products and places
  • Have you always wanted to do this? 
    • I have always enjoyed writing articles that help people ever since I was a kid. I have also always been into fashion and beauty for as long as I can remember so it was only a matter of time before I put both together.
  • How important is social media? 
    • It is very important to interact with your viewers and followers and build that relationship. I don’t have many but I have a core audience that has been with me since the beginning of YouTube and it’s like a little family
  • What does the average day look like for Channing Couture? 
    • I work 8 hours a day and then spend my evenings filming videos and writing blog posts. I use social media all throughout the day though.  Sometimes an idea will come to me at work so I keep a notepad ready to write them down. I also keep a planner to help keep track of what I should be doing when.  
  • What was your big break? 
    • Still waiting on it
  • How do you measure success?  
    • By how happy doing what I love makes me feel 

  • Is this your sole job? If not what else do you do?
    • No, I have a full time job as an Interior Design Sales Rep
What did you go to school for? 
Fashion Merchandising with a Minor in Sales Management 
  • What would you say your personal brand is? 
    • Budget friendly yet stylish
 • What’s the impression that others have after an interaction with you?  
They usually either think I am funny and outgoing or shy and quiet. It depends on the situation

 • What does the average day in the life of Channing Hanneman look like? 
I wake up, go to work, come home and cook with my husband then either relax and watch TV or go to the gym with him. We like to watch documentaries and play racing games. On weekends we like to travel to local museums or go on long walks. If we aren’t doing that I work on blog and YouTube stuff
 • What is your greatest professional achievement? 
Getting a career in my field. Especially in Cleveland
  • What did you want to be before you grew up? 
    • I have always wanted to do something creative. I distinctly remember in Preschool always playing with the dress up dolls. In middle school I always sketched outfits and read magazines. I have always enjoyed making things beautiful.
  • What’s your guilty pleasure?  
    • Pizza, Ranch dressing and cheese
  • What would be your dream job? 
    •  Either being a clothing stylist or a set stylist. Anything that allows me creative freedom 
  • What are your thoughts on fast fashion?  
    • I think it’s fun but I don’t recommend anyone spending a lot of money on it. It is mean to be disposable so going for cheaper quality is ok.
  • Who is your fashion icon? 
    • Lauren Conrad 
  • Where do you shop? 
    • 70% of my wardrobe is from Goodwill. The other 30% is Old Navy but only because I used to work there
  • What makes up your wardrobe?  
    • I mix staple pieces with trendy pieces. This is why I like Goodwill because I find high quality items for low prices. My best find was a Talbot’s trench coat brand new for $2! 
 • What advice do you have for young women? 
Don’t try to please others or mold yourself. Once you leave high school you see the world for real and can truly be yourself. 

  • Why do you do what you do? 
    • Because I love it  

Thanks, Channing!


xo,

KJB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...