Don't Get Complacent, VOTE

I am a firm believer that God has a plan- it's how I live my life. If he brings you to, he'll bring you through it.

It's because of this, and the horrible people that still don't see the problem with flying the Confederate flag when 1) you live in Ohio 2) you're a 'Patriot', that I genuinely believe Trump could be President.

It's a scary notion. You could be thinking as a Democrat and staunch liberal- how?

How could not just an unqualified goon but an under-qualified boob become President of The United States of America over someone that has spent their entire life as a public servant, doing good not just at home but also abroad.

It's simple- getting complacent and not voting.

As a junior and as Vice President Member Development, No. 2 in the chapter, after having a great term and having spent plenty of times standing in for the President, as is the job, I like many of my sisters that I had the election in the bag. However, I did not. I lost the election to our Publications Coordinator.

How you may ask?

Because people were complacent and didn't come to meeting so that they could vote. Unlike the actual election- there's no voting early or absentee ballots-- no debates and there's no campaigning- I followed that rule, my opponent did not.

So when people say they can't fathom how Hilary Rodham Clinton could lose to a misogynistic, racist, xenophobic, orange Chupacabra that masquerades as a 70 year old man with the personality control of a toddler - it's because she won't have the support she should have.

My losing the election turned out fine, because it was a sorority election and in hindsight- not the end of the world.

This election- very well could be the beginning of Something Wicked This Way Comes.

Multiple registration deadlines start this week or next, make sure you're registered and then either vote early or mark your calendars and get out and vote on November 8th.


It's Your Civic Duty And Responsibility To Keep America Going!

xo,

KJB

#DontBooVOTE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...