When My MCMs Distracted From My WCWs....

Last Wednesday, it was 12:08am, technically on Thursday morning before I realized that I hadn't posted that day's Woman Crush Wednesday... I realized this as I drifted off to blissful Gavin DeGraw filled dreams, but I'm getting ahead of myself.


Wednesday, I had to take my mom to the doctor, she's been having issues with her back since we started to move this summer (spoiler alert~ we're still moving). So Megan and I accompanied mom to her doctor's appointment so I could take notes and pay attention to anything mom might have missed when she was presumably laughing... Good thing too because at one point while checking her blood pressure~ the  HOT male nurse, Justin (I do my due diligence), had to have her stop laughing and really talking so he could get an accurate read.

After the doctor's appointment, we had breakfast- I would call it brunch but it was 10 AM so definitely still breakfast at First Watch.





Then we went to my favorite place in town, Art & Clay on Main, that had it's finished paint job.



Afterwards, 'dinner' it was like 3 PM at Raising Cane's, so that we could  get ready for the MAIN EVENT:

Gavin DeGraw & Andy Grammer!!






The whole day was fabulous and the night was somehow even better...






We arrived at 5, and stood in line where Megan spend $5 before we even got inside. $2 to a guy peddling a CD & $3 to a homeless vet for a newspaper that she told him to keep. We got 21+ wristbands.








Doors opened at 6, we were checked and patted down. We went to the bar to get drinks and then found spots right in front of the ground level. We had second drinks by the time the opener, Wrambel came on at 7. Then they broke down set up for Andy.

Wrambel
It Didn't Work Out


A girl passed out while we waited a few people over from us. We had to call out to the event staff. A guy in a blue shirt pushed his way in. He took the girl and her friend. I looked at Megan and was like- if they get to sit down... Megan - then I'll faint. Me- good, give me something sad beforehand so I can really sell it. Megan- you'll never be 25 sitting on 25 mil. Then before Andy- went on- they came back- the fainted girl came back with water. Me to Megan- I'll faint for water.




At 8:30? Perhaps he came on. Started with a great medley of keep your head up and fine by me. His band was awesome.

During his set I started to feel like puking and had to make a trip to the bathroom. I missed only 2 songs. Made it back through the throngs. Had to shuffle some fuck out of my standing room.

He went on for 2 songs too many, in my opinion.

I came back. I felt better.

Andy was done. The kid next to me left the area. Two girls came into his spot upsetting the girl behind us.

The girl's boyfriend came back and yelled and pushed her out of the way and it was whatever.



Then Gavin came on finally after what felt like an hour(update it was an hour) at 9:44. Opened with chariot. My god. Then best I ever had. Could see directly into its face. Then after a slowed down seemingly acoustic version of I'm in love with a girl- I started to feel like death again and the woman in front of me was grinding on the air. Why I don't know-- so I looked at Megan and was just like- I need water and I won't be coming back. You can stay up here if you want but I can't. She agreed it was no longer ideal. We went to the bar. The bartender realizing that I was clearly unwell after me telling him I wasn't sure what was wrong gave us glasses of water. He watched Gavin from there. I realized that people were leaving and thought I just want to lay down.


We got the approval to sit over by the pizza counter and another glass of water-- we listened some more. Then a woman sat atop the counter and Megan and I realized in the car after that we had both wanted to do the same but couldn't survive having to move if an employee had told us to.

Andy and his band came back on to finish the evening with Gavin and the guys singing Hey Jude.

Andy Grammer & Gavin DeGraw

We Thought This Was As Close As It Gets






Megan and I weren't sure whether or not that Gavin  was going to do the meet and greet but after it was over people were leaving and I moved closer and then after watching for a bit. And taking photos with him in the back we were like let's just get closer. So we went down and I was taking photos of Gavin from afar. Then he got closer and he sang to the couple and then after hugging this girl I ended up right in front and his security was like we have to go. And I was like- just staring. And he took another photo with the Nathan Scott kid this time with his girlfriend cause she missed the first one and then he signed a ticket and then he looked at me and I was like, "hi Gavin, I love kite like girl" and he was like thanks. Thanks for coming. What's your name baby? Jordan. so you like kite like girl? {It was VERY Regina George to Cady Heron: So you agree? You think you're really pretty. AND I WAS LIVING!!} And I was saying yes and suddenly he has my phone and Megan was there and he took our photo.


And then I died.



On The way home I realized that he cared about my admission cause the album has only been out two weeks, it's not a single yet and he didn't play it at the concert.

Then we made his Instagram post from the show.


It looks like I'm crying... but that didn't happen until I left the venue


I'm in heaven.



It's Been A Week, And I'm Still Weak

xo,

KJB


P.S. 

I hope you enjoyed this stream of consciousness. Written the next day while I watched my Snapchat on a loop. Seriously, the best concert ever~ I'm not sure how anything could top the first time I met Gavin DeGraw, but this one so did!

Follow me on Snapchat: jbails2013
Follow me on INSTA: @kay.jay.bae , @kjbmeetsworld 
Follow me on Twitter: @kjbmeetsworld 

To get just so much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...