Flashback Fashion Friday: Weekly OOTD Round-Up (OOTDs from Hell Week 2)

This was gonna be political reprieve... But... It's not. Here are my OOTDs from this past week!

Monday:

Here's to a week full of possibility.



Tuesday:

I didn't have all white, and I certainly didn't have a pantsuit. So I settled for my favorite white blouse.






Wednesday:

I woke up and everything sucked. I mean it was even doom and gloomy outside. My heart hurts, my eyes hurt and the number of  'friends' on Facebook are hitting a new low.




I've decided I'm going to Grad School and then probably, hopefully Law School. And I'm getting the hell out of this RED state!

Thursday:

At least the sun was out today. 




"I don’t think you understand us right now.

I think you think this is about politics.
I think you believe this is all just sour grapes; the crocodile tears of the losing locker room with the scoreboard going against us at the buzzer.

I can only tell you that you’re wrong. This is not about losing an election. This isn’t about not winning a contest. This is about two very different ways of seeing the world.

We’re not angry that our candidate lost. We’re angry because our candidate’s losing means this country will be less safe, less kind, and less available to a huge segment of its population, and that’s just the truth.

It feels like living in enemy territory being here now, and there’s no way around that. We wake up today in a home we no longer recognize. We are grieving the loss of a place we used to love but no longer do. This may be America today but it is not the America we believe in or recognize or want.

This is not about a difference of political opinion, as that’s far too small to mourn over. It’s about a fundamental difference in how we view the worth of all people—not just those who look or talk or think or vote the way we do.

Grief always laments what might have been, the future we were robbed of, the tomorrow that we won’t get to see, and that is what we walk through today. As a nation we had an opportunity to affirm the beauty of our diversity this day, to choose ideas over sound bytes, to let everyone know they had a place at the table, to be the beacon of goodness and decency we imagine that we are—and we said no.

The Scriptures say that weeping endures for a night but joy comes in the morning. We can’t see that dawn coming any time soon.

And this is why we grieve." -@johnpavlovitz





Then I found people that slipped through the cracks on Facebook and my 'father' or as I fondly refer to him- my sperm donor, sent me a message request on Facebook- OH.

Friday:

I am grieving. I am allowed to be upset and continue to be upset for as long as I please. No one can tell me differently. But I'm not giving up.  Be the Leslie Knope of whatever you do.


I MEAN THE SNOWMAN COOKIES ARE OUT

Thank you, Betty Who and Lin-Manuel Miranda for making this week suck a little less




I decided to go get my nails done. 

Treat Yo Self

xo,

KJB

But really, take care of yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Flashback Fashion Friday: January 2021

January 2021 was honestly a continuation of 2020... it was such a long ass month. At the end of the month, there was a power outage that las...